User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default a "easy" week is never easy..

i had a great week set up. light loads, great paying etc. went to sweep my trailer out lastnight, look in the front on the plate. i have holes in it. the floor is weak. me being paranoid.. and a memory, i thought about what recently happend to maniac. right away i scrambled to find someone to fix it. needless to say i found a place, dropped it off and $317 later its fixed. anyway, for what happend is apparently common on a great dane. the front suports rotted out under the plate and it ate away the top plate. but, all is fixed and i'm now being loaded to head back east.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
i had a great week set up. light loads, great paying etc. went to sweep my trailer out lastnight, look in the front on the plate. i have holes in it. the floor is weak. me being paranoid.. and a memory, i thought about what recently happend to maniac. right away i scrambled to find someone to fix it. needless to say i found a place, dropped it off and $317 later its fixed. anyway, for what happend is apparently common on a great dane. the front suports rotted out under the plate and it ate away the top plate. but, all is fixed and i'm now being loaded to head back east.

Well, good that you saw it, AND took the steps to fix it, PLUS ya got off way cheaper than me.........WAY cheaper.....LOL
Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Well, good that you saw it, AND took the steps to fix it, PLUS ya got off way cheaper than me.........WAY cheaper.....LOL
i did. went to this place that i was lucky enough to take in right away and have it done the same night. its not the most pretty fix but it works. they also reinforced the suports.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
i did. went to this place that i was lucky enough to take in right away and have it done the same night. its not the most pretty fix but it works. they also reinforced the suports.
$317. Good save.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank View Post
$317. Good save.
i cant complain about the price of the repair. i do wish it was a bit cleaner but as long as it works is all i care about. after all, my trailer is almost 13 years old. i guess things will happen.

now if the rest of the trip would just go away... i'd be happy.. get the crap off my trialer..
Old 11-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't even start about "easy" week to me! I've had a fender bender on Monday, on Tuesday sooppose to pick up a 2 stopper from OH to Laredo, ended up with 1 stop, got a broker ld to San Antonio, dh to Laredo only to find out, that the load been canceled, got offered crap paying load to PA, refused it, and stack in Mexico! Oh yeah! Forgot to mention, my AC broke, and it's 89 here!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo379 View Post
Don't even start about "easy" week to me! I've had a fender bender on Monday, on Tuesday sooppose to pick up a 2 stopper from OH to Laredo, ended up with 1 stop, got a broker ld to San Antonio, dh to Laredo only to find out, that the load been canceled, got offered crap paying load to PA, refused it, and stack in Mexico! Oh yeah! Forgot to mention, my AC broke, and it's 89 here!
GEEZ, thats what happens when you veer off course like you did, T/A in Laredo actually has decent mechanics believe it or not, had a wheel seal done there on a few occasions, they were fast AND accurate each time.

Last time I was down there it was 36 degrees in early December a few years ago, I couldnt help but think how much further south would I have to go to hit warmer weather........
Old 11-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

I'd never go there, unless have a customer load coming back to Groveport, OH. I've done that run a few times this year, and can't really complain, grossing close to 7 grand per round, but got screwed this time, and since I've refused that crap load, they poly pay me nothing! Hope it will be Groveport on Monday.
I'm across the street from TA, booked hotel for tomorrow. Funny, but I got weel seal a bit dripping, so you think I could trust them? How much it cost you anyway? I still got all original seals.....
Old 11-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member

I cant remember the cost but the T/A has a flat rate for wheel seals, something around 200 bux includes new brake shoes, I watched the guy and he knew what he was doing, did the whole job in an hour or so.

The original seals in my truck went about 5 years, then they started one at a time to go bad, guess they have a shelf life.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

damn.. i thought my week was bad. get up to middlefield OH, normally they load me in 2 hours TOPS. this time.. 5. the instructions on my load conf. said call customer with eta of delivery. no problem.. i call and aparently i'm delivering to a private greenhouse? the guys wife answers and flips out. "i'm not taking it! no ones here to unload it! this is YOUR falt". at this point there is no place to turn around until i hit OH11. call my broker. he calls, then calls back "well.. 2 options. hold it on your trailer until monday or return the load. how much would you want to hold it on your trailer?" i told them $2400. well.. aparently this got the lady even more heated. "fine.. he can drop the trailer at my place tonight and i'll have it back to him monday." i get asked again.. how much do i want to drop the trailer and have it unloaded on monday. i told him.. $2400.. my equiptment is still tied up. thank god my customer is cool and didnt mind me not going out on monday. to unload this.. we settled on $2050... not bad for a $1400 load orginaly.