User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 06:43 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Truckers are being killed by truckers!!!!!!!!! You wont believe this!

Hi All.

I'm a truck owner from South Africa, moving to Canada next year. I just thought you guys might like to know and see whats going on in South Africa at the moment. Just for interests sake Regarding trucking obviously.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1146[/ATTACH]

We have a truckers strike in progress for the last 2 weeks. All caused by the Trade Unions fighting for better pay for truckers, according to them anyway... Well, "Africa Rules" are simple, mass action and making demands is king. No matter how dumb your argument is, if you convince enough people to follow you, you will get somewhere in Africa. And if you dont strike, we will get you kind of thing. So for 2 weeks the wheels have stopped turning down here, anyone who refuses to strike gets attacked by angry mobs of idiotic brain-washed union members, it kind of looks like that scene from the LA Riots where that trucker was attacked. The whole point of the strike is forgotten, now its just about causing as much damage as possible. The M.O is to stop trucks that are actually working/driving by throwing bricks/cement blocks thru their windshields while they are driving, usually off an overpass, then torch the truck. Now they have found a new idea, throw a petrol bomb at the truck instead, it saves them a brick i guess... SO if you trucks are on the road and your drivers are happy, they cant go to work anyway because its too dangerous, ALL OVER THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!

Earlier this week, the hooligans claimed their first life, a local man from where i live was hit in the head with a cement block while driving his truck. He was declared brain dead the next day and died shortly after. He leaves behind a wife and children. Shortly after that incident, a driver was shot, another pulled from his rig, covered in petrol and set on fire. So far a few drivers have been killed, many injured and about 100 trucks burnt to the ground, many more damaged by stone throwing etc.

Whats amazing is that these Trade Unions control the country, becasue they have control over the voters. The masses. So as a result, basically nothing is being done to the Unions that are causing this chaos and loss of life etc, because the Goverment wont dare step on the toes of their voting masses. Companies have closed, drivers have died and still nobody will do anything, they just let these guys run wild. The dumbest part is these idiots think we as the truck owners make a huge profit margin on the trucks and are greedy and just take from everyone else, like anywhere in the world we also feel the depression and many companies have fallen this year, a lot due to all these Union fees that you are forced to pay, which only benefit the drivers, sometime not even the drivers benefit. Never mind the crazy diesel fuel price, which is basicall ALL TAXES! We pay almost double what the guys in the USA are paying, as i calculated when i was over there in July. Theres so much red tape in employing someone now its not even worth it anymore, you cant even fire a guy now, you have to go through so many routes to get rid of a worker otherwise he goes to the Labour Court and gets awarded a huge payout for "Unfair dissmissal" and things of that nature. But as the employer, you can do nothing to your worker if he doesnt do his job or causes trouble and costs you money, you have so sit back and wait until he decides it suites him to leave YOUR company. You even have to pay the guy when he's not at work!!!!! After this strike, these guys will demand to be paid, even though they were out of work causing chaos, and the best part, we are going to HAVE to pay them! And they still cant quite figure out why Africa on the whole is such a big disaster.... Go figure!

Things are totally out of control here, please if nothing else, just pray for the guys who have to be on the road because they cant afford not to be. The o/o who wont be able to pay their rent at the end of the month and lose their truck if they dont drive, the drivers who cant put food on the table if they dont drive and the small companies that will close if their trucks are not making money.... Its all gone way wrong over here guys!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1148[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1149[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1150[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic+1.jpg (58.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg burnt%20truck%20in%20Boksburg.jpg (22.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg south_africa_truck_strike.jpg (28.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg TruckerstonedtodeathinmassSouthAfricastrike0.jpg (29.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg TTP6PROTEST14-13-08-2012-19-08-11-955-.jpg (61.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 10-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Wow that is unreal. I just saw this:

South Africa Truckers End Strike - WSJ.com
Old 10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Board Regular

I bet those who want to run could charge really good rates right now!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Rookie

If passion is what people are about when it comes to a problem, then I can see the passion.
If stupidity is the case, then I don't think these people have the right to riot and hurt people who are trying
to put food on their tables. (The truck drivers)

At the same time, if the organizations don't want to allow workers to get a raise in salaries, then I can see how
the system can stop. I think it should, but, without violence. Violence breeds violence and many will be hurt and
killed for the fun of being with a crowd. Pack mentality is something that happens with humans. Some have a cause
others are just along for the ride.

I'm sorry for the unnecessary violence in your country. Sometimes people need to come together for a common cause
but violence is a last resort.

I could see concrete road blocks that allow cars through but not trucks. Peacefully turn the trucks around. This can
still make a point. Don't destroy the roads or kill people or business property.

When all is said and done, who will have to pay for those lives and property? The living.. The cost will all go back to the
living somehow.