User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ride

Hopefully this is the right spot, since company drivers usually cannot take passengers.

I am in Austin texas, I have class a cdl and med card. I am trying to get to Lewiston Id by the 12 th of october. I have one bag. And thats it.

I actually live right off I35 by the flying J. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestion. I willing to share driving, I just need to get there.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Roberts View Post
Hopefully this is the right spot, since company drivers usually cannot take passengers.

I am in Austin texas, I have class a cdl and med card. I am trying to get to Lewiston Id by the 12 th of october. I have one bag. And thats it.

I actually live right off I35 by the flying J. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestion. I willing to share driving, I just need to get there.
Many companies have a "rider policy" where the driver must get permission from the company, and insurance through the company. Some may work through fax, but others want you in thier offices to get a look at you. Get to a scale and no permission slip for you in the truck, and the driver gets a nice fine as well.

As for sharing the driving, I doubt that will be allowed. Even an O/O that is leased to a company has rules he/she must abide by, and allowing someone that company has not approved to drive is out. If someone from their company recognizes the truck, and sees you driving instead of the assigned driver, that driver could "spill the beans" and when the company finds out, your driver is up for immediate termination. For that matter, get to a scale and get pulled around back, and you are not employed by the company, and the water could be pretty hot and deep.

You might try contacting drivers at the J, but you might also try some of the "ride-along sites" to find someone that is going that way and wouldn't mind the company.