User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Empty Weights for Reinke Drop deck and East BST Flatbed

I am currently pulling a 2006 East BST 48' spread axle flatbed(All aluminum 22.5" wheels). The owner has a 2001 Reinke 48' spread axle drop deck sitting in back of the yard. I have tried finding information on the each trailers empty weight, but no luck. I have the registration with VIN's for the trailers. I do know that the truck I am driving, a 2001 Peterbilt 379 with 40" flattop sleeper(no headboard), and the East flatbed weigh 30,300 lbs empty(full 120 gal tanks, 2 piece lumber tarp, 30'x16' steel tarp, securement chains, dunnage, etc). My Pete has a ID plate 17268 lbs(I don't think that includes sleeper).

I would like to find the weights for the trailers so I would know the payload penalty for pulling the stepdeck. I have been to both Reinke and East websites, but weights are not given in the specs(I suppose that there are many equipment options that prevent accurately publishing this info).

I have looked the Reinke trailer over several times. It has good rubber, brakes, drums, the deck weathered but no holes, and all the lights are there. Maybe I should back under the trailer, hook up, inspect it, and run it over to the public scales(I do have a copy of the current registration).

So the short question is does anyone have the DRY weight for either of these trailers?

https://rdss.reinke.com/public/drop_deck.html

http://www.eastmfg.com/east-flatbed-beast.html
Old 08-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
2001 Reinke 48' spread axle drop deck sitting in back of the yard. I have tried finding information on the each trailers empty weight, but no luck.
Combo with a wood floor? I'll guess ~10,750.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Senior Board Member

You'll gain around 1500 lbs I'm guessing. The East is probably around 9400 lbs. Call your local East dealer they should be helpful.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Board Regular

Just hook to both trailers and weigh them.

The EAST will be much lighter as was mentioned.

Your Pete weight is dry weight @ the factory as the truck was built WITH the bunk.