User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question who hires o/o's to haul water in north dakota? using their tank? oil?

title says it. North dakota, Anyone know who is good to sign on with. pays regular on time, fair, has tankers you can use.

I had heard of a company Itl, but have gotten not such great feedback on it. Dont really know details, just that attitude is they are crooks, but nobody gives details.

So I'm asking for help here in the owner operator forum. Any names and numbers would be greatly appreciated. It could help a lot of us.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Board Regular

Not many outfits up here that will supply you with a water trailer. I have heard of some that did last year, Deer Valley comes to mind, if I recall correctly they were charging around $1500 or $2000 a week. You would be better off buying your own trailer. Another avenue is a side dump, some outfits will supply them at no cost. And your truck, if you are going to haul water or anything for that matter up here, you should at least have a wet kit installed. If you are dead set that you are going to haul water, a PTO driven vacuum pump would be recommended.

As far as who is hiring, just about everyone up here is hiring. What I tell guys is to drive up here and get a driving job. That is the easiest way to find out what is going on up here and who supplies what to O/O. Also, there are more than a few fly by night outfits up here. Make sure that you don't get suckered into the old 45 day pay routine. The legit outfits factor their billing and pay bi-weekly. I know some of you will balk at factoring, but it ain't cheap to run up here, maint. alone can bury a guy, not like you just drive down the street to the local mechanic or tire shop.

Give S&S a call, they do water and I think side dumps, they are in Watford ND if I recall.

Last edited by Justruckin; 03-29-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Board Regular

Found this on Craigslist, trailers are listed in Williston under Transport jobs, about the going rate up here...

two trailers one is a 130bbls and has new challenger pump and the other is alum. 200bbls with no pump for more info and pics call 612-269-1775 Rent is 3000/mo with 2 mo. down and 2500 damage dep, short or long term
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justruckin View Post
Not many outfits up here that will supply you with a water trailer. I have heard of some that did last year, Deer Valley comes to mind, if I recall correctly they were charging around $1500 or $2000 a week. You would be better off buying your own trailer. Another avenue is a side dump, some outfits will supply them at no cost. And your truck, if you are going to haul water or anything for that matter up here, you should at least have a wet kit installed. If you are dead set that you are going to haul water, a PTO driven vacuum pump would be recommended.

As far as who is hiring, just about everyone up here is hiring. What I tell guys is to drive up here and get a driving job. That is the easiest way to find out what is going on up here and who supplies what to O/O. Also, there are more than a few fly by night outfits up here. Make sure that you don't get suckered into the old 45 day pay routine. The legit outfits factor their billing and pay bi-weekly. I know some of you will balk at factoring, but it ain't cheap to run up here, maint. alone can bury a guy, not like you just drive down the street to the local mechanic or tire shop.

Give S&S a call, they do water and I think side dumps, they are in Watford ND if I recall.

Thanks Justruckin, I have an idea what I'm gonna do, they said I'll need a 2 line wet kit,pto. Where around close by like between williston to minot would be able to purchase and have one installed? Any help would be appreciated.