User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Why are trucks so expensive comparing to 2 yrs ago!?

Yes, I am looking for a truck to buy in a next 2 weeks, and comparing to year ago, they got really expensive, is this due to short supply, or just our dolar is devaluated so bad. I bought Volvo in 2010 it is 2005 ISX, 10 spd, 450 000 miles, and bought it for 29.900, now same truck 2007 is almost 10K more!!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Board Icon

It's a hodgepodge of items causing it from around the world. Yes, our currency has de-valued some but you have places like China who have exports that go into these trucks. China has returned the favor of us putting a special export fee on them by doing the same to us. If the truck has steel in it then more than likely it came from China and so it cost more than it did in the past with the special trade embargo they placed on us. Other countries have done the same to try and make a little more money to help their own national deficits. Not everything in that truck came from the US.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

There also is a little bit of a shortage of good used trucks right now. Many are not trading as soon as they used to. It is not a good situation for a buyer, but it is not bad for a seller. That is why I put in my order for a new glider truck. I can get top dollar for my 2006 and get a new truck with no emissions junk on it for $30-40,000 less than a similarly spec'd new truck will all the emission junk on it. Things could be much different in 6 months, so I jumped on it.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 AM
Senior Board Member

what about parts for the bloody things .in New Zealand kenworth just over the top ,some examples ,perspex covers for headlights $nz 180 each ,side ladder for cab over model fkn $6,000 haha bet you not get 5grand scrap price for wrecked one ,front mudgard indicator lights for 2,000 model kw600 over $600 each joker bought led replacement ones and flasher looking $200.i got stainless 3/8 mesh for headlights $25.steps for cabover less than a grand at stainless shop