User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Rare Customer Story?

Greetings fellow O/O's (guys and gals)

I'm an O/O of sorts that has one customer and one customer only. I took on this one dedicated customer in the early Spring of 2011 lured by the typical propositions of a "Better Way". I tested these alledged propositions through actual runs to see if what was being offered was real before committing all my time. By Summer 2011, all the proposisitions tested out to be true. Surprise! It was a better way! I made more money and worked less (the ultimate goal!). Then Winter came and everything slowed down. Way down. At this point, it was obvious that I was not going to even make the house payment. When I received a check that I knew was going to be low, I was positively derailed to discover there was actually more, much more than what I earned. So I called my customer to report this error (yes, I might be too honest for my own good) and he said there was no error. Owner/Operators are our #1 most important part of our business and that they take care of us. Of course the skeptic in me thought this customer is either really stupid or really smart and what's the catch? Is this a loan? Is this some way of paying in advance for something else in return later? Is this customer a "Godfather"? At any rate, I discovered from another driver that's been with my customer for years that he actually supports well intentioned, honest and ethical O/O's above the call of duty. I guess more time will tell this skeptic the rest of the story if there is a rest of the story but so far so good. Rare customer story?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Senior Board Member

no mate it happens here in our country to, some of our companies are committed to us drivers to and it pays off for them
Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Senior Board Member

I run a dedicated route also and give them excellent service. I am always trying to bump the broker I use up a few bucks for the good service. She always tells me her boss said they can't pay any more until there is a new contract signed.

She found a way to pay me more and nobody questions it. She adds detention on a few of the loads every week. 50-100 bucks here and there adds up pretty quick.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post

She found a way to pay me more and nobody questions it. She adds detention on a few of the loads every week. 50-100 bucks here and there adds up pretty quick.

SWEET!!
The best that ever happened to me was after being told the load HAD to be at the dock at 0800 on a Sat. I busted my butt to get it there only to find the place CLOSED! While on phone with dispatch and being told you'll have to wait till Monday a car pulls in turns out its the owner of the company HE GRABBED A FORFLIFT AND UNLOADED ME!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Do you invoice this customer or do you receive a pay check? Either way, you are fortunate and you need to relish and cherish this account. You should probably find a way to provide him every truck that he may need.