User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default who brings their pet with them?

my 65lb boxer goes to work with me every day! actually my company is named because of her (Boxer Express). i'm starting to think who has it better.. she's in cold ac, i cut a carpet out for her to put on the floor, with a new dog bed, she has ice cold water in the cooler, food and attention from alot of people! when she wants to see whats up she'll jump in the seat, when she wants to nap in the bunk or on her bed on the floor.

when i was fleet manager for a company i used to work for a husband and wife team had cats (that distroyed the truck). when i was working in fl a driver used to have a bird with him.. well what about you?
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Senior Board Member

I can see why some have pets on the truck, but I will never do it. I have enough problems to deal with. Just don't have, and never have, the desire to spend extra time caring for an animal on the truck. Nothing against anyone who does. I like coming home and seeing my two dogs each weekend and it will have to stay that way.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member

just consider the fact that dogs' hearing is way better than humans' and that turbo whistle cant be comfortable, nor can the constant shaking and rattling. Also consider where the dog has to walk around...diesel and other hazmat on the ground where trucks 'hang out', hot asphalt burning their pads...Some breeds are just not good for keeping in a truck, esp working breeds...I know my dogs arent happy unless they get to run and jump and chase since they are herders.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:50 AM
Rookie

My dog Pork Chop has grown up in my truck. He is an extension of me. Because we are down right now and have been for almost 3 weeks he is depressed. I love him with me.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Rookie

this is Kuma. he is now 8 whole years old and is an akita. His name is means Bear in japanese:

and here is one of him at home:

Last edited by 1-Up trucker; 07-27-2011 at 05:40 AM.