User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Land Transportation.

hey all, just thought i'd share my experience with land transportation so far. i have to say, i did not think i would be happy with doing rail work. the rail yards i hate with a passion. but i have to say, i dont mind the company at all. the dispatchers are great, never one mistake yet. this is definitely NO FORCED dispatch. there is a plate, insurance and ifta program. starting "early" is a 7am appointment time. my longest trip was 138 miles in one way. in the 3 weeks (this week is my 3rd full week) i'm here i turned about 6000 miles. pay day is every friday, and you get a comdata fuel card. what i like about it the most is that the dispatchers are real cool. you deal with the same 2 and they know who you are. i highly recommend land. oh and i'm working for the harrisburg location.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Rookie

Good luck. I did not last with them here. Only 3 months I worked for the agent here and we had another O/O that was it. Pay got cut and started to fall behind sometimes wouldn't hit till Monday or tues... I dunno, I just got sick of it. As did the agent. We switched everything to Evans and that lasted 4 months before he shut up shop... I liked being home everyday and making my own hrs but 3 or 400 a week after everything wasn't worth the BS and dealing with rail yards here.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Senior Board Member

wow.. must be diffrent. i'm doing 300 on a bad day.. normally its 400 best day i had so far was about 700 clear
Old 07-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Rookie

Damn just lost everything I typed lol....

I was saying, Yeah Im sure its different. We were just to small to do any good. Mason dixon, Cobra, TRX and about 4 or 5 other huge can hauler companies are here. The only real rail yard we have is the BN thats open 24/365 then we have another yard here (MN) thats open 7am to 3:30pm) M-F the others are just transfer and storage yard.... Its kind hard to make a buck here hauling container unless you have seniority or are with a bigger outfit