User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I used to park in the lot where I drop at and go home but they needed the space. The owner of the building moved me next door in the local shariffs lot for a while now I park in a lot for a building he has empty just down the street from my stop. I keep the snow plowed for him in exchange, no agreement I just figured it's the least I could do and he dosn't worry about keeping the fire lane open. The only truck stop around charge $5 a day or $100 a month.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM

I have a friend who has a deal with an iHOP near his house so when he's home he parks there, I think he says he pays a few bucks every night that he parks. I park my dump truck at a storage facility, it's lighted and you have to enter a code to get in the gate, $60/month.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:29 AM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

At the terminal us Ltl guys have it made
Old 06-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Senior Board Member

mine is in my driveway. right next to my home.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Senior Board Member

I park at the shop near our dedicated site. As of now, I don't have any place where I know I could park it... yet.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Senior Board Member

I park it in my shop now, but before that I used to pay a local outfit here (Superior Carriers terminal) $100 a month to park the truck at his yard. Only reason I PAID was becuase he put's eveyone on an insurance binder, that way if something happens to your truck, you are covered. One guys truck got broken into a few years back, and the owner of the place turned it into his insurance and the guy got everything reimbursed. But that was back when I was home every night and off weekends. If I only was going to be there 2-3 nights a month, I'd just have parked it at the truck stop in town and let my own insurance take care of it.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Check with the city and see if they have a lot you can park at. Also, depending on your location, many agricultural related business' will let you park a truck there for the weekend. Key here is to just go ask. In this economy, there are a quite a few lots around most towns that are not being used fully. At the worst, strick up a deal that you will pay a fee for parking priveledges. Surprising what you can come up with. I usually park at the house, since I live rural, but during the bad times in the winter, I can't get out to the house with the truck. My town has an vacant lot that was part of an old manufacturing facility. The town removes the snow during the winter. They want all the trucks parked for time off to use that lot.... free of charge. I contribute a little to the town to defray the cost of the snow removal on that lot. Again, just ask around.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Rookie
Default Where should I Park my Truck? Go to www.StoreMyTruck.com for Tractor Trailer Parking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
I have a few things I do for parking at home. It depends if I have a loaded trailer or not, as well as the weather. If the weather is good and I have an empty trailer, I drop my trailer at another trucking company's yard (I used to drive for them). It's an overflow lot, and not in anyones way. If I'm loaded, I have a place 1 mile from my house that used to be a state highways garage that I can park the entire rig at. I can then take the bobtail to my next door neighbors house, which used to have a barber shop. He lets me park the tractor there. If the weather's bad (snow/ice), I have to leave the tractor at the state highways garage because of the slope of the parking space at the neighbors. I've also left the entire rig at the trucking company's yard.
Where should I Park my Truck? Go to ATLANTA RV, TRACTOR TRAILER & BOAT STORAGE - Atlanta Tractor Trailer, RV and Boat Storage for Tractor Trailer Parking!

At StoreMyTruck.com, We provide affordable 24/7 well-lit parking and Storage. We provide secure Atlanta truck and trailer storage for tractor trailers, RVs, Campers, boats, motorhomes, box trucks, bob tails, heavy equipment and more! With Store My Truck of Atlanta, you can rest easy knowing that your stored vehicles will be safe. We are the best option for daily, overnight, and monthly vehicle storage in Atlanta!
Old 04-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon View Post
Check Walmarts or other big stores.
Where should I Park my Truck? Go to ATLANTA RV, TRACTOR TRAILER & BOAT STORAGE - Atlanta Tractor Trailer, RV and Boat Storage for Tractor Trailer Parking!

At StoreMyTruck.com, We provide affordable 24/7 well-lit parking and Storage. We provide secure Atlanta truck and trailer storage for tractor trailers, RVs, Campers, boats, motorhomes, box trucks, bob tails, heavy equipment and more! With Store My Truck of Atlanta, you can rest easy knowing that your stored vehicles will be safe. We are the best option for daily, overnight, and monthly vehicle storage in Atlanta!
Old 04-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Rookie