User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fuel Cards with savings

Hi, i wounder what fuel cards you guys using (O/O with own Autority), what discounts are you getting?

My self i got my own MC#, found schneider load i liked, they send me contact to sign up with them, it took 2 days to get approved, so i never took this load, but they offered me "carrier discount program", savings on fuel, repairs, tires. Sounds good, so tryed. They told me i can sign up with comdata or fleet one. I got fleet one. $75 application fee. Got new car in the mail, now had to call shneider so they can put me in theyrs system to get saving.
Now everytime i fuel i'm getting charged $1 for transaction, $4 every month for card maitenance fees, and email every morning with fuel prices at all TA and Petro truck stops accross US. From 2(petro) to 15(at Ta) cents per gallon discount. Everytime i fuel, i'm getting like $20 to $30 discount. Using them for 4 months now, no any hidden fees. I think its pretty good deal.

Any body have better deal, please let me know. Fuel prices at TA always little higher then at Loves or Pilot even they at same exit. Of course 15 cents makes big difference, but just currious maybe there is something better??? Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Pilot and Flying J now offer a $0.02/gallon fuel discount if you have a PDCA card from Transportation Alliance Bank. Several other carriers who broker freight also offer fuel cards with discounts. Landstar, Bennett, JB Hunt and a few others also offer fuel cards with discounts. The catch is that you cannot load the card yourself. The broker/carrier must load it. For them to load it you must haul their loads. If you haul loads for any of them you can get set up with them to use their fuel card.

I always preferred having my own card, but it is tempting to take advantage of any of those discounts.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Pilot and Flying J now offer a $0.02/gallon fuel discount if you have a PDCA card from Transportation Alliance Bank. Several other carriers who broker freight also offer fuel cards with discounts. Landstar, Bennett, JB Hunt and a few others also offer fuel cards with discounts. The catch is that you cannot load the card yourself. The broker/carrier must load it. For them to load it you must haul their loads. If you haul loads for any of them you can get set up with them to use their fuel card.

I always preferred having my own card, but it is tempting to take advantage of any of those discounts.
Card i have it is like my own card, got it from fleet one, they checked my credit, got approved for $2500/ per week spending. At the end of week whatever i spend this week they take directly from my bank account. And next week i got $2500 again. My card my money, just schneiders discounts. Actualy i heared, that schneider gets ~32 cnt of gallon, but gives me only half of it. Oh well, its good deal anyways.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Rookie

Another thing i forgot to say, i can use my card anywhere Fleet 1 is accepted, get cash price at the pump, but discount(up to 15cnts of cash price) only available at TA or Petro.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Most of those who offer fuel cards with discounts don't pass all of the discount along to their owner operators or carriers. OOIDA has the Fleet One card and there are no monthly fees, but you also only get about $0.02/gallon discount on fuel, and those are not at all fuel stops.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Most of those who offer fuel cards with discounts don't pass all of the discount along to their owner operators or carriers. OOIDA has the Fleet One card and there are no monthly fees, but you also only get about $0.02/gallon discount on fuel, and those are not at all fuel stops.
Got it, thats way i see so many people have read it, but not many responding, i guess, everybody thinks only about themself.

My self i dont mind to share with my succses and help others in this crazy bussines.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Schneider just sent me a letter in the mail telling me all about their "lease drivers savings" and they now get .08 discount at all Pilot/J locations!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyes View Post
Got it, thats way i see so many people have read it, but not many responding, i guess, everybody thinks only about themself.

My self i dont mind to share with my succses and help others in this crazy bussines.
It is good when we can share information. One thing about the OOIDA Fleetone program. I don't believe that their is a setup fee. It has been a while since I have used their card, but I think they have either a reduced or no transaction fee when you make fuel purchases.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
Schneider just sent me a letter in the mail telling me all about their "lease drivers savings" and they now get .08 discount at all Pilot/J locations!
That's what I get now. Used to be 5 cents/G.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 PM

The best fuel discount programs I have found are:

If you sign up for the RTS credit reporting program, you get access to their fuel card. RTS Financial | Freight Factoring Services, Trucking Factoring Companies, Kansas City, Missouri

NASTC - NASTC ? Welcome To The National Association Of Small Trucking Companies - 800.264.8580

If you are going to factor, then Apex Capital has the best discount. Apex Capital – Factoring, Trucking Factoring, Account Receivable Funding

Good Luck!!