User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Oh don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you, I just found it funny that he would even try that on a board like this.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Okay, one last thing...

Actually, now that I look at it, I wouldn’t doubt that Backhauline and this Turbo Transit are the same people operating under a different name… that or Mr Turbo Transit (William Scott Woods) is copying his former employer word for word. Check out the promo for Backhaulline at the following link:
Backhauline

Check the excerpt from that promo for Backhauline:
“BackHauLine Inc. is the premier LTL Freight Shipper in the USA. When you utilize BackHauLine Inc. Your company can take advantage of our shipping discounts to ship your freight. BackHauLine Inc., allows your company to qualify your shipments for large discounts usually only afforded to the corporate customer. We combine your shipments with other customers to increase volume and pass the savings on to you the customer.”

Sound familiar? It’s the same BS that’s on Turbo Transit’s website… almost word for word. Same “best in the USA” bull, same BS about shipping discounts, same BS about rates usually only afforded to “corporate customers”. What a massive bunch of stinking BS.

Oh, by the way, Backhaulline’s URL just takes you to a GoDaddy promo page… www.backhauline.com

It’s also interesting that both Turbo Transit (William Scott Woods) and his former employer Philip J. Nenadov (formerly of Backhauline, Inc., now managing member of Transportation Network Group LLC - Dispatcher training  |  CoverLoads.com ) have gone into the on-line broker training and (in his former employer’s case) freight forwarding training business. Again, either the same folks involved with both of these companies or Woods is copycatting everything his former boss does. Neither case would surprise me, and the latter option would explain why Mr. Woods was looking to steal somebody’s carrier / owner operator lease agreement… perhaps it really IS standard procedure for him.

Okay, I'm done because my behavior is bordering on juvenile now (but it IS fun)… that is unless Mr. Woods would like to come back and offer any more morsels for us, that is. I guess he doesn’t realize how easy everything is on the web to find if you know where to look.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you, I just found it funny that he would even try that on a board like this.
I almost feel guilty for my little tirade... a l m o s t. Had heavyhaulerss not brought up the web page (which I didn’t even bother to look at after the OP) I'd not have looked into it any further. So we will have to blame heavyhaulerss for stirring me up. See… I knew I couldn’t be responsible for my childish behavior! ;-)
Old 09-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Okay, I thought I was done, but just one last thing. Mr. Woods isn’t completely a fraud. According to Ansonia Credit, his risk factor is an 82, runs a general credit balance of $32k a month and takes, over a 13 month average, 38 days to pay (DTP). Last month, he took an average 75 DTP between the two carriers who reported to Ansonia. Among the 21 factor companies who reported to Ansonia over the last 13 months, he paid about 65% of his bills within 30 days, ¼ in 30-61 days, and less than 10% in 61 – 90 days. I’d probably not use his company because I don’t like to see a broker paying carriers in 75 days. It does seem that he pays the factors in a relatively timely manner, though… I guess because he figures they would report to credit companies like Ansonia, and assumes (wrongly so, in my case) that little one truck carriers do not report, so he figures he can make them wait longer for their money. In any rate, one thing that is for sure is that he doesn’t live up to paying his carriers immediately as his website claims. I can e-mail the full credit report if anyone is interested.

As a special note for MR. Woods, who claimed that I was the “poser” and not him… I haven’t paid a personal or business debt a single day late in over five years, which a heck of a lot more than I can say for him and his little brokerage business.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm done this time.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Rookie
Default OK MusicMan Chime In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Okay, I thought I was done, but just one last thing. Mr. Woods isn’t completely a fraud. According to Ansonia Credit, his risk factor is an 82, runs a general credit balance of $32k a month and takes, over a 13 month average, 38 days to pay (DTP). Last month, he took an average 75 DTP between the two carriers who reported to Ansonia. Among the 21 factor companies who reported to Ansonia over the last 13 months, he paid about 65% of his bills within 30 days, ¼ in 30-61 days, and less than 10% in 61 – 90 days. I’d probably not use his company because I don’t like to see a broker paying carriers in 75 days. It does seem that he pays the factors in a relatively timely manner, though… I guess because he figures they would report to credit companies like Ansonia, and assumes (wrongly so, in my case) that little one truck carriers do not report, so he figures he can make them wait longer for their money. In any rate, one thing that is for sure is that he doesn’t live up to paying his carriers immediately as his website claims. I can e-mail the full credit report if anyone is interested.

As a special note for MR. Woods, who claimed that I was the “poser” and not him… I haven’t paid a personal or business debt a single day late in over five years, which a heck of a lot more than I can say for him and his little brokerage business.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm done this time.
Well MusicMan. this is Scott. I actually have just been checking a lot of old email and found out your sounding off. First off I should have known we would not see eye to eye because your from Marion and I am from West Frankfort. You probably hang out and troll around the old Refuge Truckstop if it is still there. I would not know as I do not hang out in Franklin or Williamson counties any more. I will leave that to my redneck family members.

Now as far as your responses and feeble attempts at flaunting your non existent thought process as you have clearly showed there MAGNUM PI with your flawed investigative skills. I will address the Backhauline Inc. Issue. I was recruited by Phil in 2003 to sell freight in his freight brokerage in Kewanee,IL. I am the one who created, maintained and hosted the company website as I did my own. I hold all the copyrights and yes they are actually registered.

I ended up running the brokerage because I am very good at finding and selling freight that is profitable. Unfortunately I could not sell enough freight to keep it going, even though I was writing around $300K a month in gross myself with an average profit margin of 29% to keep up with his bookkeeper who stole almost 500k from him. His brokerage closed and I started mine. I did not want too start a brokerage. I made more as an agent. I averaged $5000-$7000 weekly my way. I know live on $800 a week. 10 people were out of work and someone had to do something to save some jobs. I know how to run a freight brokerage so what the hell.

I am also the one who created 90% of Phil's materials for his Cover Loads training guide. I have no part of it and I am not in business with Philip Nenadov. I merely did it as a favor to Phil. I really do not know anything about it other than that as I have not spoke to him in about a year.

Now as far as my website and company. I own the copyrights to that as well,I designed it, wrote the code for skin and handled the wordpress installation etc. You know you must really have the smallest shlong in the world to get this riled up over me simply asking for a sample copy of a lease. I like to do my research before I jump in, so who better to ask then other drivers. I figured I would get some decent input. I mean seriously I was taught how to move Heavy Haul from the drivers who pulled my loads. Unlike a lot of brokers, I actually know how to move it correctly and profitably for both me an the carrier.

I have never stepped foot in a truck other than to check out my Peterbilt when I bought it. I however paid attention to my drivers and ask them a lot of questions. Eight years later I am still learning. I however am thankful to the ones who taught me. I still take care of them on freight. I dispatch for one for free.

As far as my freight broker training programs, I would really love you to start talking smack about it. I am the best in the country. You will soon see how good I really am. A very large industry leader has chose me to create a training program for those who want to enter this industry as a broker/agent. They will be endorsing it and publicizing it. I am not a fraud like the rest of these guys who promote there so called training. I like to sleep at night. The people I train will actually learn the business correctly if they apply themselves.

Now as far as paying carriers and credit etc. Ansonia credit reports suck. Core Logic is much better followed by Trans Credit. Credit reports are often flawed because of poor reporting and personal vendetta's through self reporting etc. Now I will tell you that I am averaging 49 days to pay, this is actually very good because we were at 81 days for about 5 months. Stop !!!! Put your tongue back in your mouth. Thats right we were paying very late. This tends to happen when a lot of shippers do not pay there bills on time or at all, and a trucking company you lease on takes you for $40,000.

Even the best freight broker can take a hit. I did in 2010. I took a $300,000 hit with non paying and scandalous shippers and trucks. Am I whining? No! Am I out of business? Not yet. Not if I can help it!

I could do like a lot of brokers and just belly up and say ok guys who pulled my loads split the $10K bond amongst yourselves while I walk with the $200,000 in receivables. Sorry MusicMan, I am not a poser, I choose to do the right thing and work my ass off to make it right even though I took it on the chin. So I sold a few trucks, I only got two left now. With CSA 2010 a lot of people are going to be selling them anyway. When CSA 2011 comes into play a whole lot more will be going too. The larger companies are counting on it. Get ready to deactivate the authority and lease on. That's the game plan their counting on!

Even better in five months Obama is putting a new ratification to NAFTA to congress for a vote that will easily pass. This will make way for upwards of 45,000 mexican carriers to pull freight in the good old USA. Remember when they let 10,000 in 3 years ago as a test model. The industry will be turned upside down. While you have to play by the rules of CSA 2010-2011, they will not. Freight Brokers will love them as they will pull even cheaper freight while the fuel prices rise. Thank God, I move primarily Heavy Haul they really cant afford 10 axle trailers.

I put everything that is made off training into the brokerage to pay trucks. I spend all day either writing freight or talking to carriers and apologizing for paying them late and reassuring them that they will get there money. I ask them not to file on the bond, as yes they will get there money but they have to look at the big picture if they do that, then a few more might too. If two or three do it then the bond is gone. It willl be like a run on the bank during the depression. If that happens, then a lot of trucks dont get paid because the few have sacrificed the many.

Now you can think of me as you will, I really do not care. I am a stand up guy. Hell if you ever met me, you might even want to have a beer at Sadies place outside Johnston City going north on 37. I do not know if it is even there anymore. I really do not know what the hell got under your skin but seriously man. Take a XANAX already. I apologize, I am clueless here.

Now for the rest of the carriers that might pull Heavy Haul here. I am going to share a bit of warnings to you. The following people hit me hard last year and a lot of other CARRIERS too.

Baltimore Crane & Equipment - $17,500 - Dale Hebert - He has also burned (5) other carriers for around $20,000. He is still selling cranes on the crane network. I got a reward for anybody that can get me a good address. He also goes by Hebert Transportation in Connecticut (Woodstock)

B & R Crane - $11,000 - Houston, TX - Absolutely horrible.

Premier Crane in Biloxi,Miss- $21,000 - Wayne Borhees owns it, He had one of those Good credit ratings there Music Man. We have beeen trying to serve him for 9 months. He keeps the gates locked and you gotta make an appointment to see the cranes. The cops just wont messs with it.

Watch out if you want some more, please let me know. I got more than my share.

Sorry about the venting. MusicMan if you want to sound off and call me the scourge of the industry the feel free too. By the way even though I didnt get my money from the people above, the carriers all got paid. This however causes a trickle down effect. Some might not unless I can keep up the sales.

Oh well, I would actually loook forward to a stresss free weeknd with my kids. I just like to sell freight. I make more money when I do and I do not have to deal with all the drama.

Goodnight.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Wow six months later!!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Rookie
Default Yep! Six Months Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarsalesman View Post
Wow six months later!!
Sorry there bud! The replies to the messages forwarded to a rarily used gmail account. Now they come to my direct account. So all you drivers please sound off!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Hope you're making enough now to at least put some tires on your equipment. Keep trying and you'll get that 100% rating for equipment.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Rookie

Actually from what I have experienced thus far. I am damn near ready to sell the trucks. Even when you buy good equipment, have drivers with good records and experience. It seems to be an excercie in futility. The damn trucks always need something it seems like. It seems easier just to lease on to someone and more profitable.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:31 PM

Wow, turbo, that's a lot of time spent on this little 'ol trucker board with little to no opportunity for the time spent to turn into money.

Big time exec's are more discerning of their use of time in my limited experience.

The thing for the small business owner to learn from all this is the research conducted by Musicman.

How many of us are that thorough in our busniness routines?

Might be a good idea...

Ontario, Canada