User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Load of steel from Pittsburgh to Texas

Anyone know what the going rate would be to take a load of steel or an average flatbed load from Around Pittsburgh to a random place in Texas?
Dont know how much weight or any of those details. Just a rough guestimate

Adapt and overcome.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Depends on how long you want to sit in Texas or how far you are willing to DH out.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 12-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I would expect a rate of somewhere between $1.50-2.00/mile depending on the weight, type of steel you are hauling and where it is going.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
Depends on how long you want to sit in Texas or how far you are willing to DH out.

tootie

Whether you take a cheap load or deadhead out of TX it will still come out to the same thing. The freight-to-truck ratio here is horrible. 400-500 loads picking up and 1500-1700 dropping off. The best way to get a reasonable rate out of TX is to find a multi-stop load,do an LTL,or wait till a broker calls at the last minute needing a truck. I got a call from TQL on Fri. offering a MA. load for 2.00 per mile. If I hadn;t booked an In load for tues. and didn't feel like staying home this weekend I may have considered it. MA. is just not my cup of tea though,especially with the way the weather is up there now.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD60
Quote:

tootie

Whether you take a cheap load or deadhead out of TX it will still come out to the same thing. The freight-to-truck ratio here is horrible. 400-500 loads picking up and 1500-1700 dropping off. The best way to get a reasonable rate out of TX is to find a multi-stop load,do an LTL,or wait till a broker calls at the last minute needing a truck. I got a call from TQL on Fri. offering a MA. load for 2.00 per mile. If I hadn;t booked an In load for tues. and didn't feel like staying home this weekend I may have considered it. MA. is just not my cup of tea though,especially with the way the weather is up there now.

I think that's the same load they offered me but I couldn't take it. Did it load in Woburn? They also said I could load on Saturday. If it was, it takes all day to load and is a tarping job from Hell.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
Quote:

tootie

I think that's the same load they offered me but I couldn't take it. Did it load in Woburn? They also said I could load on Saturday. If it was, it takes all day to load and is a tarping job from Hell.

Yep,it loaded in Woburn. I guess they were willing to load it on a reefer instead of a flat. I didn't get too many details on it. It went right by your house and you couldn't do it? :?
Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Yep,it loaded in Woburn. I guess they were willing to load it on a reefer instead of a flat. I didn't get too many details on it. It went right by your house and you couldn't do it? :?
I would have done it but I had my physical on Monday morning.