User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default These up-comeing new Calif Rules ????

I read in one of the trucking magazines that I get over here that these new emision rules that they are trying to get done in Calif can be over-looked if you run their bio-diesel in the tank ??? Other than that your going to haft to have a Calif engine in the truck ??? I also read about this on another forum and they said the same thing that if you ran their fuel the rule did'nt apply to you ?? Is this true ??? Appreciate any info !!!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I dont' think so. I went to a meeting sponsored by the CARB and AQMD, I brought up the use of biodiesel and was told that while it is a good thing it still produces particulate matter its not what you run its just how a diesel burns/operates. It is the particulate matter that they are after, that is why the 08 trucks are fitted with a particle trap cannister thingy (technical name) that traps and re-burns them.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It would be interesting to get a list of stockholders in these companies who are involved in this. :x