User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I agree with the pay pal as an option, I think you should look at both though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Perhaps we could even offer a broader range of services at a later date, such as fuel taxes, etc., I am just not sure that I want to work that hard.
Baby steps G, baby steps
Old 11-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
You may have trouble getting a Mastercard or Visa account. They don't give them out too easily.

Paypal is a no brainer and once your setup the money goes right into your checking account. You don't charge a credit card. Your customer inputs their credit card with the amount of payment and it gets deposited into your account.
Hello Steve

I've ben following this thread and I have Paypal for my e-bay purchases but have never used it to get paid for anything ?? How do you get the money out of your account ?? Do they issue you a debit card or some0thing ???
Old 11-23-2007, 06:29 AM

The best way is to give your checking account number,bank name and routing number to Paypal, It's somewhat of a lengthy process. Once your setup anyone can make a deposit into your Paypal account which is separate from your checking account. You can leave the money in there or use that account to buy other stuff or you can just click on the whole amount and say deposit to my checking account. It's really easy and works great.

They also have a debit card that you can apply for and many other options. There is a fee for transactions but it's far less then the Mastercard and Visa fee's.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
The best way is to give your checking account number,bank name and routing number to Paypal, It's somewhat of a lengthy process. Once your setup anyone can make a deposit into your Paypal account which is separate from your checking account. You can leave the money in there or use that account to buy other stuff or you can just click on the whole amount and say deposit to my checking account. It's really easy and works great.

They also have a debit card that you can apply for and many other options. There is a fee for transactions but it's far less then the Mastercard and Visa fee's.
Thank you Steve.

What are you dong up at this time of the morning back there ??? It must be about 3 am central time ???
Old 11-23-2007, 07:01 AM

Yup, it's 3am. My normal schedule. I get up around 1 then I'm on the road around 2 or 3. Stop around 8 or 9 for a nap then drive until 3pm.

I'm at home right now but not easy to break your routine. I'm heading out for Nebraska this afternoon. Already loaded up on Monday then came home for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Yup, it's 3am. My normal schedule. I get up around 1 then I'm on the road around 2 or 3. Stop around 8 or 9 for a nap then drive until 3pm.

I'm at home right now but not easy to break your routine. I'm heading out for Nebraska this afternoon. Already loaded up on Monday then came home for Thanksgiving.
Sounds GREAT I'm glad to see that you are doing well at this and that you were home for the Holiday. I'LL be joining you next year getting back into all of this. I'm going to Atlanta right after Christmas day (next month) to take My Pete down there for the OUT OF FRAME on the motor at Southern Truck Parts . It's just down the street from the old TA there on ex 39 I believe. THey ae giveing me the best price and warrantee on this and willing to set the motor my way as far as horse-power goes. Don't much like the idea of leaveing my truck there and comeing back to Iraq but it's the only way to get it done so it will be ready when I come home ..

Have a SAFE TRIP !!!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
I agree with the pay pal as an option, I think you should look at both though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Perhaps we could even offer a broader range of services at a later date, such as fuel taxes, etc., I am just not sure that I want to work that hard.
Baby steps G, baby steps

I plan on taking it one step at a time, Rosty. I am not sure that I want to get into the fuel taxes, etc., If I do all of that, I may as well just start leasing on owner operators to my authority. I figure that if I do decide to proceed with this that I will try the dispatching first. I am not sure that I want to get into anything else. I still have details to work out on the method of payment. I could always take Comcheck, TCH or T-Check.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

There is a fee for getting your money out of Paypal,not sure of the percentage,but I think it's like 1-2%?.There is no fee however for paying someone on Paypal.I use it alot for Ebay purchases and have sold stuff on there and gotten paid thru Paypal.

Here is a transaction that I had where I recieved funds for payment thru Paypal and had the funds deposited into my bank account,looks like 2.9% charge

"eBay Payment Received" "Completed"
$505.00" "-14.95" "490.05" "Withdraw Funds to a Bank Account"

Old 11-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It sounds like the paypal charges are comparable to the bank cards. I spoke with my bank today. They are supposed to have someone call me next week. According to my bank it is fairly simple to set up. I need to find out more before making a decision. Most people have a credit or debit card. I am not sure how many have a paypal account.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Doing business via credit or debit card gives a more professional appearance. You have a good banking relationship, seems like the way to go.