User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Born 1940......Raised in the sticks.....I was well over 21 before I tasted a McDonalds. Oh and I used to take my shotgun to school after duck hunting in the mornings.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Nothing on Sundays. Loony Toons for 90 minutes on Saturdays.

Davey and Goliath.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Tootie, you came across to me as the type of girl that just plain went around and beat the SHI** out of all the boys.

Yep, I can remember giving the little boy down the street a black eye because he would not stop picking on me....BUT I was also the one picked on alot because of the red hair!! :evil:

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 11-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedup
Born 1940......Raised in the sticks.....I was well over 21 before I tasted a McDonalds. Oh and I used to take my shotgun to school after duck hunting in the mornings.
You gotta be kidding me. I heard stories about that.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
why do you guys have to rub it in. That you were born in the GOOD OLD DAYS. Growin up today sucks. I know i was born in 83.
I'm sorry Mackman but I think you are generation X or something like that. You will have to delete your posts and not allowed to read any more on this topic.

Maybe I could help you remember your good old days.

Ah yea, I remember it well. Coming home from school on our air conditioned school bus where everyone had a seat. Someone stood up one day and they got expelled because the internet cam on the bus caught them. That was always very exciting.

I would get home and the house would be so quiet because both mom and dad worked. Dad left mom a few years later and we only saw mom for 5 minutes in the morning. It's comforting to know that we were a normal family like everyone else. George's parents have been married for like 15 years. No wonder nobody talks to George, something strange about that family plus his mom doesn't work. Go figure.

I remember it like it was yesterday, me and sis running for our bedrooms after school to power up our PC's in hopes of email. After that we would hang out with our friends until late at night in the chat rooms. It was awesome. I never really met any of my friends but almost did except he said he had to go away for a few years, not sure why.

Sometimes on the weekends mom would cook and that was always an interesting experience. Kraft macaroni and cheese and the microwave were my friend every night for supper. Not sure why mom said she always felt guilty about our eating habits, we never had a problem.

Ah yes, the good old days. They were so easy to remember since we did the same thing every day. I'll always have those memories.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
why do you guys have to rub it in. That you were born in the GOOD OLD DAYS. Growin up today sucks. I know i was born in 83.
I'm sorry Mackman but I think you are generation X or something like that. You will have to delete your posts and not allowed to read any more on this topic.

Maybe I could help you remember your good old days.

Ah yea, I remember it well. Coming home from school on our air conditioned school bus where everyone had a seat. Someone stood up one day and they got expelled because the internet cam on the bus caught them. That was always very exciting.

I would get home and the house would be so quiet because both mom and dad worked. Dad left mom a few years later and we only saw mom for 5 minutes in the morning. It's comforting to know that we were a normal family like everyone else. George's parents have been married for like 15 years. No wonder nobody talks to George, something strange about that family plus his mom doesn't work. Go figure.

I remember it like it was yesterday, me and sis running for our bedrooms after school to power up our PC's in hopes of email. After that we would hang out with our friends until late at night in the chat rooms. It was awesome. I never really met any of my friends but almost did except he said he had to go away for a few years, not sure why.

Sometimes on the weekends mom would cook and that was always an interesting experience. Kraft macaroni and cheese and the microwave were my friend every night for supper. Not sure why mom said she always felt guilty about our eating habits, we never had a problem.

Ah yes, the good old days. They were so easy to remember since we did the same thing every day. I'll always have those memories.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Outside from dusk til dark. Aah, those were the days.
Time to go home when the street lights came on. :lol:

Quote:
Loony Toons for 90 minutes on Saturdays.
It's sad these kids today cant see that. (I'm assuming that Loony Toons arent on anymore) The cartoons today dont make a lick of sense to me. :?

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 PM

Sorry Mackman. Some of that you may not understand. I grew up riding a bus that had 4 kids sitting in a 2 person seat and the rest all standing in the aisle. The last kid on the bus was wedged up against the door so when it opened he fell out.

My mom didn't work and we had the same thing every week on a particular night. Pork chops on Tuesday, pasta on Wed.....etc.

We always had Sunday dinner and dad took a nap. The whole neighborhood was deserted when Ed Sullivan was on. The Beatles were cool. We all saw it live.

Everyone had at least 2 other moms who took care of us like there own.

Every mother and father in the neighborhood took responsibility for raising everyone's kids.

If we did something wrong and the police caught us, we got a slap in the head from the cop.

Things were much much different back then. If I grew up now I would be just like everyone else. I don't criticize todays generation for what they are doing as I would be right there with them.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Board Icon

Being bad in school, out in the hallway for 3 licks.
Do they even give licks in school now?

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-09-2007, 09:23 PM