User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo379
On October 10 2004, for the first time in my life, I've poured in my fuel tank, $2...a gallon.
It took's 3 year, and 20 days, for $3...a gallon turn, and i do remember fuel was under buck a gallon, just 8 years ago....trucks still running.... :wink:
There really hasn't been that much change in 8 years. They blame the loss of refinery production to an explosion in Texas and Katrina, but that has been two years ago.

There is no excuse for oil to be as high as it is. Our country has enough power to change it if we had the guts.

If the oil producing countries keep it up, they'll cripple our economy through high oil prices and the weakened dollar. The Islamic nations have had this as their objective for years. Saudi Arabia could increase production tremendously, but they are walking a tightrope, trying to appease both sides, and stay in power.

There is going to be a war, but it will be over ideology more than resources.....Ezekiel 38-39.

I pity our next president, they don't know what they're really in for, but we all know, Hillary can fix it all by reasoning with our enemies..... :roll:

"People who are obsessed with power and position are rarely able to handle either." jonboy wisdom

sorry for the hijack, back to the topic....

jonboy
Old 11-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Senior Board Member

I agree jonboy....I wont get into the biblical part of what is going on.....but a good study of Revelation wouldnt hurt anyone.

Everyone knows oil is a non-renewable resource....what I dont get is why have they waited so long to think of alternative fuels?? The technology is there....we need to use it now.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 11-04-2007, 10:15 PM
BANNED
Default Re: Fuel prices....how are you making it??

[quote="tootie04"][quote="BigDiesel"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
What is the average idle time on your truck?? How about the one you have drivers for?? ours is less than 3%.
My trucks have ThermoKing Tri-Pacs installed on them.... They don't idle.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="BigDiesel"][quote="tootie04"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:
What is the average idle time on your truck?? How about the one you have drivers for?? ours is less than 3%.
My trucks have ThermoKing Tri-Pacs installed on them.... They don't idle.
Still uses fuel....Not idleing at all uses no extra fuel and it is a known fact that drivers and O/O use the APU more than they would normally idle their trucks so how much of a real savings is an APU?? I am not saying they are not nice to have, and can save alot of money over the long run but they still use fuel.

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 11-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Board Regular

Tootie, I had a close friend that was in the oil business for years (British Petroleum), and he worked everything from offshore to African oil producing countries. He died in 2004, but he had been telling me since the late 90's that we'd see $3 gasoline, and it would never go back down, despite plenty of oil in the world.

He told me there is so much oil in the former Soviet Union, that it is running out of the ground. I can't remember the country, (Khazakstan?),but it is one of the ones that broke off from Russia.

They estimated it as more than the all the Mideast countries put together. The problem is, it's inland, and they haven't developed a way to transfer it. I think they'll have to build a pipeline to the ocean.

It's a big lie that the earth is running out of resources, not to mention global warming and all the rest of the lies. I remember a few years ago the environmentalists were saying overpopulation was the problem, because the world was too small to support everyone.

Any truck driver, driving across the west and midwest, and seeing all the resources, knows that is a pack of lies. I saw about 500 deer in west Texas the other night. I put my spotlight on the shoulder and I couldn't believe it. Fortunately, they were staying on the shoulder. In Kansas yesterday, I saw them grazing on the shoulder just before noon. Our country is full of resouces.

Of course deer season is open in Texas this week, so that should fix some of that.

Bottom line is...

There is going to be real global warming at some point :wink: , but hydrocarbons aren't going to be the cause.

I see you guys are just relaxing this weekend as well. I'm in Plainview, Texas, and I'll probably get another load of those nasty cowhides tomorrow just to get out of here.

jonboy
Old 11-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Rookie

Could Get a really strong rope, and when the good Rev rolls by lasso his bumper!!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I heard the CEO of BP talking a while back. He stated that the largest reserves in the world are thought to be in the Gulf of Mexico off of Florida. However, the envirowhacko's have prevented us from drilling because they don't want to see oil rigs off the shore of Florida. Well, guess what.....China is has reached a deal with Cuba to drill for oil. So they get to drill in our back yard while we cow to the environmentalists. Keep in mind that it is in the best interest of our government to have high fuel prices. The higher the fuel price, the more tax revenue they get to collect. Tootie is correct about alternative fuel sources. We have had alternatives for decades. We simply have not used them. I think the oil companies have done everything they possibly can to keep them off of the market. I also think it would be in the best interest of everyone to keep the oil companies out of these alternative fuels. We need true competition. Lack of competition is the real cause of these high oil prices. There is little competition among the oil companies. Until there is competition prices will only go higher. We should also keep in mind that we get little of our oil from the Middle East. Most comes from South of our border, such as Mexico and Venezuela. I say we go to Mexico and Venezuela and annex them. Make them part of the U.S., take the oil and tax them. :P
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:

tootie
I think it is great that you are keeping your idle time so low, Tootie. If everyone would keep their idle time as low as you and Bo, then we could all save some real money. If you idle for 8 hours you will spend more than $24 to idle. That is over $150/week just to idle. :shock:
Old 11-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Do a search for sustainable oil, there's some interesting articles on it.

Are we being dooped?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Board Regular

The oil thing and fuel prices have me worried. You sure don't see the freight matching the fuel increases. I am saying "no" "no" "no" to a lot of loads. I asked one broker if her shipper still wore leisure suits and watched "mork and mindy" at night??? i.e., the 70's are OVER baby... buck a mile freight was then, not now. Yet, some dumb forkers are still hauling it for that. Not me.

In any event, I agree with Gman, let's annex Mexico, then we can all run back and forth and some of the Mexicans here will go back home to collect their benefits! :wink:

Just out of the shop after four days in Bend, OR getting a new $2661.51 clutch and associated parts put in the truck. It'll take me awhile to pay for that with my hi-dollar loads.

And Gman, I don't idle. I have a $150 per week booze habit; can't afford to idle and drink both!!! So I just sit in my cold truck drinking cold beer, then pass out in a stupor... OK I am exagerrating a little... but seriously, I don't idle enough to warrant an APU. I am thinking more along the lines of a small gas powered generator just to recharge my batteries. My inverter does most of my household chores- free (more or less-- I do have to start the truck periodically to recharge batteries).

OK, back to Mork and Mindy.......
:roll:
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena;
whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood;
who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again;
who knows the great enthusiasms,
the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course;
who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,
and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly;
so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls
who know neither victory or defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt