View Poll Results: should we just shoot non-paying brokers?
yes 8 100.00%
no 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Pepe, I am sorry to hear about the problem with Logistics America. They should have sent you a copy of their bond information in their packet. You can also go to the Safer website and get current information and see if the bond is still good. You can find it with their MC number. Of course, the MC number should have also been in the packet they sent you. I would not want to wait too long to file. You may just threaten to file on them to see if that works. I had one not too long ago that I did that and got paid ASAP. I had my money in hand within about 3 days. Most legitimate brokers don't want you to file on their bond.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Well I wish you the best anyway Pepe, and obviously I'm even newer than you are so I can't be offering advice and I don't know what Landstar drivers make, obviously up to the individual but seem to me that most people inflate their numbers or deflate their expenses.

I don't know guess I'm just learning like you. Anyway like I said I wish you the best.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:02 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
I'd rather pull teeth from rattlesnakes for a living
That probably pays pretty well. :P

Old 11-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Senior Board Member

I went to the site and clicked "company info" and it said "coming soon". gimme a break.

They must have faxed you a copy of their bond info and broker authority when you signed up with them. Please tell me you created a file with all that info in it.

If not, call them and ask for their MC#. Then tell them you will be filing on the bond this afternoon. Not Tomorrow. THIS AFTERNOON unless they send you a comcheck (which they won't likely do). They will offer to send a check. Tell them OK and hang up the phone and call the bond!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
If not, call them and ask for their MC#. Then tell them you will be filing on the bond this afternoon. Not Tomorrow. THIS AFTERNOON unless they send you a comcheck (which they won't likely do). They will offer to send a check. Tell them OK and hang up the phone and call the bond!
It's good to remember that you don't need anyone's permission to file on a bond! I make one phone call to the broker, and don't care what the excuse is. I am polite and try to end the call on a positive note. The second I hang up the phone, I fax the required info to the trust company. If I get a nasty call from the broker for dinging his credit, I apologize profusely and explain that my "accountant" handles the collections and I have nothing to do with it. Don't let these guys walk on you.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Senior Board Member

I guess you haven't got their paper work? You didn't call them did you? Pepe, Pepe, Pepe. What are we going to do with you?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Board Regular

I got screwed out of one load last year because I waited too long to file on the bond. I agree with the others; "get on it" and call their bond company. I have to pay my bills, and I have NO sympathy anymore for these brokers that won't pay their bills. :x
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena;
whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood;
who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again;
who knows the great enthusiasms,
the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course;
who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,
and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly;
so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls
who know neither victory or defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 11-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I just tried to look them up a number of different ways and can't find them.
Internet Truck Stop has no info on them and neither does the Safer site.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
Pepe sorry to digress here, but I see that you are thinking of joining Landstar, what happened? I know you had low expenses, what has been your biggest problem? Curious to hear your experiences.

Well just think I can make more $ there.....and still have all the benififts of my independence. I mean I am making it and keeping myself afloat, but this is getting to be too much headache when I can possibly make the same or more at Landstar I am coming to the conclusion of since talking to Landstar drivers.

I mean all the headaches of running you own authority versus the profits in pay is not really making me excited about my first year as a carrier.

I quess its my own fault tho in one sense...that I am not aggresive enough to find shippers, but it isnt an easy process I will tell you, and getting $ out of brokers I'd rather pull teeth from rattlesnakes for a living :-p....even with Load its good tips on shippers nothing seems to work-out for me.

I wont lease some where I dont have the same freedom though...landstar or somewhere similar is all I will consider.
Hello pepe

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I have been leased to other carriers for all of my trucking carreer and when I get home next year I'LL be trying to do my own authority. I don't like the lack of total independence that I have seen being leased to some-one else. I was with Landstar and quit after the first year. I did'nt like it because they were to cold n uncareing.

They seem to fire people for no or very small reasons ??? Some people praise them but I'm not one of them. Some people have been with them for a long long time and done well. But a lot of others don't. I was with a outfit called Greentree 1800-233-3262 that treated me well before I parked mine and came over here. I hope you get this problem taken care of.

Did you see that post about a guy that had the same problem you did and then went n loaded another load for the same outfit n called them from the truckstop after he loaded n told them he had their load on and that as soon as they got right with him he would deliver the freight ??? Then after he got the check on a comcheck he took the load back to the shipper and made them take it off n left !!! JUST A IDEA FOR YOU ???
Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
I went to the site and clicked "company info" and it said "coming soon". gimme a break.

They must have faxed you a copy of their bond info and broker authority when you signed up with them. Please tell me you created a file with all that info in it.

Actually OOIDA s helping me thru this....there gona walk me thru what i need to do since im green at it