User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default KW 900 questions

I just bought a 97 KW W900 to replace the Freightliner that a tree ate. Possibly a really dumb question but...how do I tell which 900 it is.......900L, 900B, 900 whatever? I just left it at the front end shop to have whatever is wrong with the front end fixed. The steering feels tight but if I don't actually consentraite on steering for a nano second she will drift into the other lane. I didn't notice this when I tried it out but the tires were so far gone I probably wouldn't have; I just put 10 new Yoakomas on Sat. I think with the front end fixed she will serve me well, flat bedding the east coast and south east. 3406E, 455HP. 10sp, 1,300,000 miles, rebuilt at 1,005,000. Anything I really need to look out for on this truck?
Thanks,
David
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Board Regular

The 900B is the short hood version. It's quite a bit shorter and seems to sit higher than the long hood. There is usually a K-W logo behind the front fenders on the lower part of the hood on the 900L. On older K-W 's the fuse panel is split in half by the firewall. They are famous for leaking water into the fuse panel from the engine side. Water and electrical components don't usually mix well together. If you have the 8 bag rear suspension with steel hangers they are known to crack where the radius rod/sway bar clamps are. My old 88 wandered more than I liked but we could never get rid of it completely even after we rebushed the back end and put kingpins and shackles in the front.