User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default break down of cost (tanker lease on )

I was wondering from you tanker yankers. What was your cost roughly for certain items needed to run.

1. insurance/disability/bobtail
2. plates/permits/etc.
3. fuel cost roughly after fsc (I was told by a MC Tank driver that he paid very little for fuel because of the fsc. ? :shock: :?

4. Maintance acct. average you feel safe with.
5. oil change every 10,000 or less, or more. Cost of them to be done :?:
6. Anything I missed which I know I did. :lol:

Thanks for the knowledge you all share. I just want to get as much knowledge before I jump into my own truck.

I do plan on signing on with a chemical company as company driver for the experiance, and with the knowledge I receive here and other sources will determine if its good, or stay a local gas driver.

Jim
Old 10-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: break down of cost (tanker lease on )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunner13
I was wondering from you tanker yankers. What was your cost roughly for certain items needed to run.

1. insurance/disability/bobtail based on value of your truck,figure 3% mine 274 a month

2. plates/permits/etc. I pay $1,800 a year for plates,co. supplies permits

3. fuel cost roughly after fsc (I was told by a MC Tank driver that he paid very little for fuel because of the fsc. ? :shock: :? figure about 20-25cpm after fsc

4. Maintance acct. average you feel safe with.10-15k

5. oil change every 10,000 or less, or more. Cost of them to be done :?:every 20k cost $250 with Cat filters

6. Anything I missed which I know I did. :lol: figure on atleast $2,500 to outfit truck with pump,compressor,hose rack

Thanks for the knowledge you all share. I just want to get as much knowledge before I jump into my own truck.

I do plan on signing on with a chemical company as company driver for the experiance, and with the knowledge I receive here and other sources will determine if its good, or stay a local gas driver.

Jim
[/b]