User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dart Trucking

I have read alot about Dart in the free truck magazines and they seem to have a good advertising department. Everything they put out says they have happy owner operators that make good money. Is that true? Does anybody here contract with them? Also, is Highway Sales owned by Dart? They seem to push that company heavily when it comes time to buy you a truck.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Did you do a search on here for Dart....that is one company I have not read much about on here.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Dart Trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexAtlanta
I have read alot about Dart in the free truck magazines and they seem to have a good advertising department. Everything they put out says they have happy owner operators that make good money. Is that true? Does anybody here contract with them? Also, is Highway Sales owned by Dart? They seem to push that company heavily when it comes time to buy you a truck.

Thanks!
I have talked to many of their owner operators and they have all been happy, one thing they really like is Dart direct deposits your pay after every load.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Senior Board Member

their rate isn`t all that great but their fuel program makes your wage half decent, for some guys a set amount of pay and a somewhat fixed fuel price is heaven, i`d rather risk being on my own and having the ability to make more.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:56 AM

Be leery...there's a reason some companies have to do a lot of good advertising. I don't know anything about Dart; they might be a fine company to lease onto. But usually when I see a company doing a lot of advertising, I lose interest in them.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Rookie

Being completely honest and willing to tell it exactly like it is. Have been with Dart now almost exactly one year. I have not had a problem that has consistently popped up. If there is a problem(which I have had very few)I have had no problems with getting it resolved quickly and effectively through my fleet manager. You get paid the day after you settle which is up to you. They have alot of options in which they will pay you. Also Highway Sales is owned by Dart. Going through their purchase program is not a bad deal. The payments are manageable and they go to a financial institution not a leasing company. My fuel cost after fuel surcharge taking into account actual mileage is less than a dollar a gallon. There is no forced dispatch on national account that I run. I do think that on some of the dedicated they get a little stricter about turning down loads. With my situation I go home when I want and stay as long as I want. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.