User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Doghouse running now?

I was tooling down the highway today and saw bits and pieces of what looked like a solar panel. Did Doghouse finally get out on the road?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Let me tell you what,...my solar panels will be the last thing that fall off this truck,...I went above and beyond the manufacturer specs on mounting hardware.
Now,...the rest of the truck,....a few problems have come up;
1.Left steer bearings/wasted inner oil seal, and oil drenched brake shoes.
2.Alternator needs to be aligned so it stops eating belts.
3.Fan clutch solenoid is shorted out.
4.I had to get a 4' breaker bar and a 1"drive torque wrench just to put my centramatics on.
5.Rewire entire taillight assembly.
Once I get this done,....I can finally get on the road and take a freakin' 10 hour nap :!:
Old 08-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

dang,,,thats gonna nickel n dime you to death
Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, the parts are adding up, its a good thing I'm doing the repairs myself, or it would be very expensive.
We had a decent offer on our last house for sale, so I may wait until the deal is sealed to go out, and that gives me more time to finish up the repairs without killing myself.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse
Yeah, the parts are adding up, its a good thing I'm doing the repairs myself, or it would be very expensive.
We had a decent offer on our last house for sale, so I may wait until the deal is sealed to go out, and that gives me more time to finish up the repairs without killing myself.
Have you ever heard of the syndrome where college students keep going back and taking more and more majors just to stay in school and there by delaying thier going into the real world?.......come on Doggie get out here we can't wait to see ya we can't feed,cloth,and shelter all these people by ourselves we need your help. :lol:

Old 08-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse
Good job on that. The real estate market down here is brutal though I guess not as bad in your part as where I am. Many people are truly going to be in a world of hurt if things keep going the way they are going. I'm hoping like crazy this Super Exemption thing passes in January. If I can lower these taxes I'll be much better off.

I was home the other day for a couple of days and I got to talking with the water guy from the city who was in my community, man they are shutting people's water off like crazy.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:01 AM

Sorry your having so many problems there Dogbone. I would consider myself lucky that all these things happened now. I'm sure you actually do.

Your like the new movie Rocky IXXIVXXI that we are all waiting to be released.

Are you anywhere near Spring Hill in Florida. I'm heading down that way at the end of this month then going to drive around for a week. If your around, I'll stop by and give you pointers on how to find those elusive $1.20 loads. I'm pretty good at finding them.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:22 PM

Hey doghouse, about your solor panel I guess you have some deep cycle battires for this setup? If you do, is there a way to calulate how long you can draw down the battires, before recharging. I was thinking about buying a cheap A/C unit from walmart about 5000 btu, the specs said it was like 660 watts and abour 6.2 amps. I have a 1500 watt surge 750 contiuns inverter. was wondering if there is a way to calulate how long I could run this unit before I would need to rechage the batterys. I was thinging of using 2 or 3 batterys with an isolation switch to keep from draining the truck batterys. most batterys have like cold cranking amps I don't anyting about deep cycle batterys. thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodbuster
Hey doghouse, about your solor panel I guess you have some deep cycle battires for this setup? If you do, is there a way to calulate how long you can draw down the battires, before recharging. I was thinking about buying a cheap A/C unit from walmart about 5000 btu, the specs said it was like 660 watts and abour 6.2 amps. I have a 1500 watt surge 750 contiuns inverter. was wondering if there is a way to calulate how long I could run this unit before I would need to rechage the batterys. I was thinging of using 2 or 3 batterys with an isolation switch to keep from draining the truck batterys. most batterys have like cold cranking amps I don't anyting about deep cycle batterys. thanks
I don't think 5000 btu will have any effect on cooling your cab. A normal car A/C is close to 20,000 btu. Try an experiment and stack up some stuff high enough to put the A/C through the passenger side window then plug it into an outlet or an extension cord. You may change your mind. You can also plug the A/C into your inverter and just leave it on the ground outside running and keep trying to start you engine every 1/2 hour to get an idea how long you can run for. Keep in mind though, if you keep draining your batteries down your alternator will take a hike real quick from having to recharge your drained batteries.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Board Regular