User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

hitman, dewercs2, and klleetrucking....................THANK YOU all for stating how much you enjoy my journal and the safe/well wishes in my travels. I too enjoy reading about other peoples adventures and I will post as often as my lazy azz will allow me.

dewercs2.......the pup is doing good. I did not take her with me this last time out because there was so much to do with picking up the truck from the dealer, etc so I left her at home. I think she will go out with me this next time because no sooner than I got home she was trying to jump up into the truck. I think she is sick like me and really enjoys the road :lol:

As for the name on the door, right now it's just Davis. I will go "LLC" soon and although I already have a name picked out for my company, I'll let you know what it is at a later time.

BTW, how are you feeling? Any possibility you'll be back out here soon? How's the family? Do you miss the open road?
Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 AM

be glad yer home and not on the road....fuel jumped .30 in the last week....trust me i was just on this route last week...ahead of you as a matter of fact

anywho....you cannot simply stop your thread just becuase yer lazy....shesh im lazier than you and i update mine....lol

thought about callin you yesterday as i was bored and in ND....but figured you had better things to do than to chat about the road....so call me when you get back at it

BTW...not sure if you noticed...and yes i did notice you checking out the broncmobile.... but my LLC is on the tolbox doors.....now if i just had the money to do away with the davis part

and an update for you...designors is working again....driving a nice truck around ND somewhere

plus alittle work gossip for when ya call me....its gonna get interesting yet

and just so you know i check yers as much as i post on mine...always nice to know what my short pe-peed pal is up to
Old 02-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
02/15-20/08
I originally started this journal to document my every day life from CDL School to training, to being out on my own. All of this was to help ease any anxiety or curiosities that others who were either starting or thinking of starting in this industry.
I want to thank you for taking the time. It did exactly that for me when I was contemplating getting into trucking last summer. I took the plunge and just had my first solo dispatch with Superior Carriers last week
Old 02-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1
be glad yer home and not on the road....fuel jumped .30 in the last week....trust me i was just on this route last week...ahead of you as a matter of fact

anywho....you cannot simply stop your thread just becuase yer lazy....shesh im lazier than you and i update mine....lol

thought about callin you yesterday as i was bored and in ND....but figured you had better things to do than to chat about the road....so call me when you get back at it

BTW...not sure if you noticed...and yes i did notice you checking out the broncmobile.... but my LLC is on the tolbox doors.....now if i just had the money to do away with the davis part

and an update for you...designors is working again....driving a nice truck around ND somewhere

plus alittle work gossip for when ya call me....its gonna get interesting yet

and just so you know i check yers as much as i post on mine...always nice to know what my short pe-peed pal is up to
all I can say is......... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, fuel is outragous here in Texas. The cheapest I've seen is $3.45 :sad:
Old 02-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsyrob
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
02/15-20/08
I originally started this journal to document my every day life from CDL School to training, to being out on my own. All of this was to help ease any anxiety or curiosities that others who were either starting or thinking of starting in this industry.
I want to thank you for taking the time. It did exactly that for me when I was contemplating getting into trucking last summer. I took the plunge and just had my first solo dispatch with Superior Carriers last week
well I am glad it helped in some way. and CONGRATS on going solo!!!! Be safe out there.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 PM

if its only 3.45 fuel up.....it was 3.45 on the toll road as tax free and was the cheapest i had seen it.... its $3.789 at the pump here in wheeling
Old 02-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1
if its only 3.45 fuel up.....it was 3.45 on the toll road as tax free and was the cheapest i had seen it.... its $3.789 at the pump here in wheeling
ouch!!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Board Regular

Hi Devildice,

Doing better but getting fat and lazy.... I now weigh 185lbs when I was out 160-165lbs.

I know I am driving my wife nuts being home and laying on the couch all day. I wish I could go get a non-physical job but I am not allowed to work or I will run into work-comp fraud. My shoulder doesn't give me much problems now. It's sore/weak if I put it over my head so I don't do that, well except to stretch and yawn. The cortesone shot in the shoulder joint didn't feel so good. I am glad I've only had one of those so far. My neck can feel sore once in awhile but then it goes away. I am just afraid I don't know what could happen if I moved it the wrong way. The insurance guy was telling me that they were evaluating my file and that they were trying to determine the value of the claim. I kinda read that to mean they are trying to determine if they want to pay for certain medical things the doctor is wanting to do.

I have a doctors appt on march 4th. I need to have this guy tell me what I can do to be active so I don't do any damage to the neck. During Xmas I went through a depression stage I guess, I just felt pretty worthless. I've snapped out of it, but still I'm the husband I am not suppose to be sitting around and not working.

I really do miss the road, strange to think that since I've been home all this time. I remember when I was in the truck thinking I wish I could get home this week for a couple days and head back out.

pb
Old 02-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Hi Devildice,

Doing better but getting fat and lazy.... I now weigh 185lbs when I was out 160-165lbs.

I know I am driving my wife nuts being home and laying on the couch all day. I wish I could go get a non-physical job but I am not allowed to work or I will run into work-comp fraud. My shoulder doesn't give me much problems now. It's sore/weak if I put it over my head so I don't do that, well except to stretch and yawn. The cortesone shot in the shoulder joint didn't feel so good. I am glad I've only had one of those so far. My neck can feel sore once in awhile but then it goes away. I am just afraid I don't know what could happen if I moved it the wrong way. The insurance guy was telling me that they were evaluating my file and that they were trying to determine the value of the claim. I kinda read that to mean they are trying to determine if they want to pay for certain medical things the doctor is wanting to do.

I have a doctors appt on march 4th. I need to have this guy tell me what I can do to be active so I don't do any damage to the neck. During Xmas I went through a depression stage I guess, I just felt pretty worthless. I've snapped out of it, but still I'm the husband I am not suppose to be sitting around and not working.

I really do miss the road, strange to think that since I've been home all this time. I remember when I was in the truck thinking I wish I could get home this week for a couple days and head back out.

pb
glad to hear you're feeling better. I can imagine how hard it is to sit around and waiting for someone else to tell you when or if you can work. it's been a long time now and I hope that everything gets wraped up soon. Until then, you take good care and keep me posted.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:17 AM

i know yer busy driving thru the state of fruits and nuts but geezz man...update this thing