User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default any o/o use schny. power plus runs??

just curious if any body use this program/
Old 01-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Board Regular

yes I have use to use them most dont pay alot. Then if you are in another office area you still have to call your area brokerage office. If it is not out of your area office you cant negotiate the rate. The online afterhours will not tell you the rate or book the load you have to call the next day during hours.

http://www.trukz.com
Old 01-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Board Regular

so its a bad idea to use them?
what is not alot ? 1.20 or 1.90?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Board Member

I used them when I ran some tractors that were power only but plated at 80000, would get screwed with live unloads that werent scheduled to unload when schnr said they were going to unload. Also had the problems the other poster listed with offices, rates and business hours. I would always stand by MY rate because Schnr can afford to lose a few bucks on a load, that a small guy cant afford to lose or doesnt want to lose. Your best bet is to buy a trailer and run your freight. Power only loads are a bandaid that you think will hold you over until you can get a trailer and before you know it you are broke. Buy you a trailer, dont lease one, thats another ripoff (if youre not running too far, call Mobile Storage, they will rent you a 48 or 53 for a flat monthly rate) I used them when I couldnt find a trailer before, you better service it yourself though and they are usually out of alignment, so they eat tires if you run OTR. I used to figure $180 per month rental and $75 per month for a used tire. Worked for me.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT
I used them when I ran some tractors that were power only but plated at 80000, would get screwed with live unloads that werent scheduled to unload when schnr said they were going to unload. Also had the problems the other poster listed with offices, rates and business hours. I would always stand by MY rate because Schnr can afford to lose a few bucks on a load, that a small guy cant afford to lose or doesnt want to lose. Your best bet is to buy a trailer and run your freight. Power only loads are a bandaid that you think will hold you over until you can get a trailer and before you know it you are broke. Buy you a trailer, dont lease one, thats another ripoff (if youre not running too far, call Mobile Storage, they will rent you a 48 or 53 for a flat monthly rate) I used them when I couldnt find a trailer before, you better service it yourself though and they are usually out of alignment, so they eat tires if you run OTR. I used to figure $180 per month rental and $75 per month for a used tire. Worked for me.

this day cab thing is something that i would like to make it work since my wife can keep her job and we can split the home duties but it seems like i need to go otr with my own trailer and truck and own authority to make any kind of money. i am just scared that i will not make any money off the load boards and if that is the case i am going to lose everything since im borowwing the money to buy a truck and trailer. i had my chance with some money from my dad and blew it all on a pos and lost it. now i had to borrow money and am scared to go otr cause i might not make it. then im really in trouble.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Senior Board Member

What did you do with the little freightliner? I know the wife is reminding you.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Board Regular