User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Should I pack or not?

Should I carry a handgun, pistol for protection or not? Will I go to jail if I'm caught with it even if I have a Texas permit to carry? Thanks for the opinion
Old 12-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Senior Board Member

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...light=firearms

I'm sure, there is a plenty more!
Old 12-28-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo379
http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18630&highlight=firearms

I'm sure, there is a plenty more!

Thanks
Old 12-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Read up about Interstate transportation of firearms. No don't take it with you!
Just be aware of what is around you, and use some common sense. I have been in this industry for 30 yrs, used to run the hunts point market in NY and never needed one. Get caught with one in a dot inspection and you will find out how legal it is. This has always been in drivers minds, well this is my HOME, or I cant find anything saying you cant carry one. There is not 1 driver here that knows where to find every law on the books. Now if you don't believe the ones here that tell you not to, then leave your gun under your pillow, and when the dot or cop ask you if you have a firearm, tell him YES and where its at then you will find out if its legal!!!
Hell in new york it can get you a stay at Attica. Cops even have to meet certain requirements to Carry in other states, so you think they would let any Joe with a CDL carry where ever they wanted. YOU DON'T NEED IT!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:12 PM

i run Michigan Indiana Ohio and Illinois and am home most nights. i deliver out in the country hauling corn and i always carry mine. i have it strapped on me if i am out of the truck and if i am in the truck it site in the cabinet in the bunk where i can easily get to it. Indiana and Illinois will honer the Michigan permit but Ohio will not i had to get a conceal carry for an out of state resident trough them witch is nothing more than a few forms to fill out and to also show proof of your current permit in the state you reside in.

if i travel out side of those states i don't carry just because i don't know the laws and i don't have the time to sit in jail.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Read up about Interstate transportation of firearms. No don't take it with you!
Just be aware of what is around you, and use some common sense. I have been in this industry for 30 yrs, used to run the hunts point market in NY and never needed one. Get caught with one in a dot inspection and you will find out how legal it is. This has always been in drivers minds, well this is my HOME, or I cant find anything saying you cant carry one. There is not 1 driver here that knows where to find every law on the books. Now if you don't believe the ones here that tell you not to, then leave your gun under your pillow, and when the dot or cop ask you if you have a firearm, tell him YES and where its at then you will find out if its legal!!!
Hell in new york it can get you a stay at Attica. Cops even have to meet certain requirements to Carry in other states, so you think they would let any Joe with a CDL carry where ever they wanted. YOU DON'T NEED IT!
There is no Federal Law that prohibits you from carrying a pistol. There may be State, County, City or other jurisdictions that prohibit it. Many states have reciprocity agreement on concealed carry permits. With careful planning you can be legal almost anywhere. There are a few exceptions and I ask why you would want to go there anyway?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbasher
i run Michigan Indiana Ohio and Illinois and am home most nights. i deliver out in the country hauling corn and i always carry mine. i have it strapped on me if i am out of the truck and if i am in the truck it site in the cabinet in the bunk where i can easily get to it. Indiana and Illinois will honer the Michigan permit but Ohio will not i had to get a conceal carry for an out of state resident trough them witch is nothing more than a few forms to fill out and to also show proof of your current permit in the state you reside in.

if i travel out side of those states i don't carry just because i don't know the laws and i don't have the time to sit in jail.
These are the states that honor your MI permit:
**Michigan AK*, AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MO, MS, MT, NC, NH, ND, NM, OK, OH, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA,
I would watch it in IL:
Illinois Does not Issue permits and does not honor any states permits.
Wisconsin Does not issue Permits and does not honor any states permits.
You must also know how to carry in all the states, still let the cop know you have a gun in the truck and see how they take it!!
Look at this site: http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf
Half of the states in this country you would need a non resident permit, and what do you think that would cost?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:29 AM

ok i got OH and IL mixed up. but i remember getting a peice of paper from i thought it was ohio, but it could have been ill. inorder for me to carry in that state. i guess i will look at that site and see if i missed somehting some where about Ill. thanks for the info.