User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default PM Schedule??

Does anyone know of a place on the internet to find out what the recommended PM Schedule would be on an older Truck 1985 FLC Day cab, with 350 BCC.

The reason I ask this is I have been to the Freightliner Dealership and tried to get a manual, or anything that would give me a good idea when to do what and they looked at me like I was crazy and then replied, Nope ain't got nothing for that old? Kinda wonder what they go by then on older trucks, or were they just passing me by with that statement?

I know about changing the oil, and then minor items, but would like to know more about the major. I did not know how often to get the overhead done until REV told me (Appreciate that), and have had that done.

I have checked or had checked All wheel seal, bearings, brakes, tires, lines, etc...., but would like to know about the fluid in my:

a: Transmission
b: axles

I checked them, and they looked fine, no burnt smell or anything like that, but how often do you change the fluid in them?

Also I have noticed a filter on front drive axle, and was wondering how often should I replace it?

I really do appreciate the advice and information that everyone has given me, it has really made a difference.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:07 AM
Board Regular

If you you run mineral oil in the trans and rear ends every two years should be sufficient. If you run synthetic you could bump that up to 4 or 5 years. With a 350 Cummins you're probably not abusing the truck as much as some others do. Some guys never change the fluid unless they have to drain it. Change the filter when you change the fluid. If I remember right the recomendation I got was 250,000 miles for mineral and 750,000 for synthetic. We run 139,000 lb gross with 550 hp motors so most of the people I know change synthetic around 3 years and mineral every year.