User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ForwardAir Question

Anyone know anything about this company? Have friend who is considering leasing on with them.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Rookie

I have been with Forward Air for only a couple of months but I like the company. Often I have to struggle with dispatch to get the miles I need as the dedicated runs get the loads off the top and what's left over is doled out to the new guys. I've talked with several guys who just arn't making the miles and plan to leave. It seems as though in the past 6 months they have overhired drivers and there's a dogfight to get the miles.

If you want the money and miles you need to run team with them. They'll run your tail off and you'll get more miles than you can handle.
There's LONG waiting list to get onto dedicated runs...years.

Loads are picked up at night (6:00 pm to 3:00am) and you do most of your driving at night. You hook up at their terminal and deliver to their terminal (the advantage is there is no waiting around to unload and there's a quiet place to sleep, and showers are available at most terminals.

My advice is to hold off going with them because January looks pretty lean. Maybe consider them in February or March.