User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dart Transit

I'm not sure this is the right forum to ask but I tried the "what ya think of this company" forum and didn't get any responses so here it goes.

Has any of you had experiences or know of someone who has worked for Dart Transit? Is there freight there? Good company? What about there Lease Purchase program? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Rookie

I am leased to Dart and am doing very well, but am doing it the "Gman" way. I bought a good cheap truck locally and am happy with the way they run me. I will probably get my own authority in the future, but for now I think this is the next best thing to being out on your own.

Now for the news you didn't want to hear. Most of the Dart contractors I run into that have leased or bought trucks from Highway Sales (Darts' truck sales company) are struggling to make any more than they could have as a company driver with CFI or elsewhere. The trucks are expensive, the financing is expensive, and they require you to carry expensive insurance and other items that make it very difficult to get ahead. My truck is paid-for and I buy most of my insurance through OOIDA and I believe it has made a world of difference.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, but I believe leasing is an extremely risky way to do it.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, you could succeed with expensive truck, or go broke, with the cheap one, and other way around!
The point is to make money, and i don't believe, Dart has appropriate pay package for that... :roll:

As of to "lease-purchase" :shock: , do yourself a favor, take this words out of your vocabulary! :wink:
Old 12-16-2006, 04:11 AM

Well I appreciate the tips guys, I'm glad I could get a Dart O/O to answer some questions. Thanks again.