User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Quickbooks

Any one out there know if there is a quickbooks for truckers or maybe a software comparable. Maybe something worth the money. Just running a single truck operation under my own authority here in colorado. I run for just two or three companies and if I am desperate a broker. Any help on an appropriate software would be great.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't believe QuickBooks offers anything specific to trucking. There are several software packages which are specifically designed for the trucking business. Trucknpro (www.foglinesoftware.com), Easy Trucking, Truckers Helper (www.truckershelper.com), Hammerlane, Loadledger (www.loadledger.com) are some of the most popular. You can buy most any of them for around $200 or so. Most have an online demo. Some you can download it and try before purchasing. I don't recall the other website addresses. You should be able to do a Internet search and find them. You can operate most of your business with a spreadsheet if you are familiar with them. Software that is already set up for you is much easier to get started quickly.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:38 PM

I use QB

I like it.... getting familar with is fun

My CPA uses QB and has a few of his staff that are experts with QB and the are happy to help

Ask your CPA what they use

Sam's is about the Cheapest or the internet

I also use loadleger mainly for fuel tax and trip reports
there is alot of trucking software out there you just have to download the demo's and see what you like