User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default DOT sticker placement

I got my truck and trailer DOT inspected yesterday. 2 hour ordeal at the Freightliner dealer. They didn't find anything wrong but this guy was all over my truck and trailer. Anyways, when he was done he handed me 3 stickers total. 2 of them are the same about the size of a 3x5 index card. The 3rd one is a small one with 4 corners cut off.

My question is, where do all these stickers go? I'm having a hard time finding information on the web as to where they get placed. The one with the 4 corners missing has a big number on it and writing on the other side. It looks like the type of sticker that would go on the windshield so you can see both sides but I think it's for the trailer???
Old 10-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The sticker you are referring to sounds like the one the state DOT inspectors use and goes on the passenger side of the windshield. I would put it in the lower foremost corner. It should be a colored background with black lettering. According to which corners are removed denote which quarter the inspection was performed. The corner and corners will tell the weigh stations when you have had an inspection performed.

I usually place the tractor inspection sticker on the drivers side behind the sleeper. I have seen some place the sticker on the driver's side of the truck. The trailer sticker I usually put on the head board close to the driver's side. If you don't have a head board, you may be able to place it on the front of the trailer frame or side of the frame.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I'm having a hard time finding information on the web as to where they get placed

Thas because there is NO requirement for their placement, mine are INSIDE the tool box on the driver side, they will fade and become unreadable in the sun.

I have NEVER been asked why they are there by the DOT, one guy said it was a good idea though.