Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Any Company Sponsored Tanker Training? I have a CDL but no experience (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/41399-any-company-sponsored-tanker-training-i-have-cdl-but-no-experience.html)

fattygirl 06-19-2011 08:13 AM

Any Company Sponsored Tanker Training? I have a CDL but no experience

I have had my license for 3 years but only have about 2 months verifiable experience otr and wanted to get into trucking but wanted to know if anyone knew of a company that would train me to be a tanker driver? I have the endorsement but no experience of course and have applied to many companies as a student or no experience driver. I trained thru Schneider but had to come off the road to take care of ill parents and now they are in nursing homes and I wanted to go back to what I did like but don't know if I will be able to. Any info would be great. :thumbsup:

Orangetxguy 06-19-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattygirl (Post 499160)
I have had my license for 3 years but only have about 2 months verifiable experience otr and wanted to get into trucking but wanted to know if anyone knew of a company that would train me to be a tanker driver? I have the endorsement but no experience of course and have applied to many companies as a student or no experience driver. I trained thru Schneider but had to come off the road to take care of ill parents and now they are in nursing homes and I wanted to go back to what I did like but don't know if I will be able to. Any info would be great. :thumbsup:

Talk with Schneider and see if you can get back on with them. They might require you to "refresh" on vans.....But once you have that done and out of the way, their "Tank" training is some of the best.

crb 06-20-2011 05:21 PM

If you have a CDL swift will probably throw you with a trainer and send you out. That was the offer they gave me 4 1/2 years ago because I had my CDL since I was 19 but no TT experience. I chose CFI instead and paid $1250 for a month long truck driving school at crowder and CFI paid the rest with no contract as long a I got hired and hauled at least 1 load.

There are lots of companies that offer refresher courses too.

strawberryrhubarbpie 06-20-2011 06:07 PM

You may have to get back on to one of the larger companies (schneider, swift, con-way) until you have your 6 months to one year verifiable experience.

One 06-25-2011 04:57 AM

Definitely do not go near swift. I know MDS offered to train me on tank, but i have plenty of driving experience. Schneider may be an option.