Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   What company will hire me? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/35960-what-company-will-hire-me.html)

bassdaddy22 10-24-2008 06:03 PM

What company will hire me?

I've been calling trucking companies left and right and its my background and MVR thats stopping me. I dont think its that bad considering the people that companies hire.

3 year MVR - 2 speeding tickets - 14 and 20 over
Background - 2 misdemeanors - DUI - older than 5 yrs
Poss. of Marijuana less than 1 oz - almost 8 yrs old

Does anyone know a company that would hire me? I called the DMV and I am qualified to obtain my CDL. I've applied at about 30 different companies. I gave up because I shouldn't have to go though that many people. Any help is appreciated.

bassdaddy22 10-24-2008 06:04 PM

oh yeah no felonies :\

Uturn2001 10-24-2008 06:49 PM

That background sucks. I don't know of any company that would hire you with it even if you had 20 years OTR experience with one company.

Snowman7 10-24-2008 06:55 PM

I would look at other careers. Go to college. Unfortunately your background isn't very good for truck driving but I believe you could have a great future in politics!

Double R 10-24-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassdaddy22 (Post 419715)
I've been calling trucking companies left and right and its my background and MVR thats stopping me. I dont think its that bad considering the people that companies hire.

Does anyone know a company that would hire me? I called the DMV and I am qualified to obtain my CDL. I've applied at about 30 different companies. I gave up because I shouldn't have to go though that many people. Any help is appreciated.

I know that the trurth hurts, BUT, the only companies that will hire are:
McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc.

Your past is a insurence company's(THEY make the decision to hire a driver or not) nightmare and a lawyer's dream.

headborg 10-25-2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassdaddy22 (Post 419715)

I think you're kinda S.O.L. / Scrxxwed! UNLESS...

you look at small companies/outlaw outfits that need a "warm" butt in their seat.
And you're still going to have to.... dare I say it.... Lie about your record.
Or it could be the fact that you "currently" don't even possess a CDL? You may be qualified to obtain one-- but should you invest the time/money if you're prospects are soo .... limited?

The DWI/DUI-- probably won't fall off you MVR in 3 or even 5 years?
(Anyone here know the exact time frame on that)

the possession of MaryJane-- might be hard to find after 10 years?

That's what it's really gonna boil down too-- how much can you cover-up, not disclose, and will the company Dig with a Backhoe or lightly rake your past? Sometimes they find things... and play "hear no evil.." if they really need a butt to fill a seat. But in your case, as you're not bringing " experience" to the table... you just got too much "baggage".

repete 10-26-2008 03:11 AM

with that kind of record give up on driveing a truck! Better look for another line of work

Jumbo 10-26-2008 03:36 AM

That is gonna be almost impossible.

jagerbomber3.0 10-26-2008 03:46 AM

Western Express, apply and dont offer anything they dont ask you about. I would say you have about a 95% chance there.

Jumbo 10-26-2008 04:23 AM

That is gonna be almost impossible.