Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   TV Reception in the Truck (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/35466-tv-reception-truck.html)

Retired in Nevada 09-10-2008 04:22 PM

TV Reception in the Truck

How do you get TV reception in the truck? Satellite? Antenna?

I have Dish Network at home. Do Dish Network and DirecTV have any kind of a setup for truck drivers?

got mud? 09-10-2008 09:34 PM

Re: TV Reception in the Truck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retired in Nevada
How do you get TV reception in the truck? Satellite? Antenna?

I have Dish Network at home. Do Dish Network and DirecTV have any kind of a setup for truck drivers?

you could use an antenna until feb of 2009 after that you will not be able to. I seen lots of guys that have dish network hooked up in their trucks. they just set it up and take down every time they park.

wsyrob 09-10-2008 09:49 PM

You will still be able to use an antenna after feb 2009. Just need a converter or a digital TV. I use my laptop with a $50.00 usb tv tuner that I hook to an antenna mounted on the mirror. I got over 30 channels about 10 of which were High Def in N Chicago the other night.

Rev.Vassago 09-10-2008 09:55 PM

TV sucks. Just buy tons of movies.

Malaki86 09-10-2008 11:36 PM

I haven't had a tv or tv tuner in my truck in years. I just use my laptop in the truck and a portable usb drive that I load up on movies and tv shows that I download on my home pc.

Drew10 09-11-2008 01:42 AM

I have typical antenna TV. I use an external "V" antenna mounted on my right mirror.
Obviously how many channels and the quality of the channels received depends on your proximity to a city that broadcasts air TV.
It is very helpful if you TV or the tuner that is used is capably of self scanning for the local TV channels.

wsyrob 09-11-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
I haven't had a tv or tv tuner in my truck in years. I just use my laptop in the truck and a portable usb drive that I load up on movies and tv shows that I download on my home pc.

I do the same thing. I have to have live sports though. Its not the same when you know the outcome.

Uturn2001 09-11-2008 01:38 PM

If you are going to be using a TV to receive over the air broadcasts or even think you might once in a while do yourself a favor and go and apply for the government coupon for a converter box and then get one before the Feb 2009 switch over to all digital signals.

flood 09-11-2008 04:28 PM

most tv's and vcr's made in the last three years are digital ready. but you will need to check to see if yours is if not you will need the converter box,

we have dish network in the truck it will cost you an extra $5 per month.
it cost us a $12 per month because if what we have (dish DVR for 2 tv's)

tweety bird 09-11-2008 05:06 PM

A lot of guys have satellite in the truck and if you have Dish at home, you should be able to add the line for very little extra- like flood says.

If you have satellite, you don't need the converter. That's only for regular antenna signals, not satellite or cable.