User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2016, 07:13 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DAC Issue

I drove for 9 months last year with 2 different companies. I was let go by one and forced to resign by the other. I'm looking to come back to the road but between the two companies my DAC is problematic. I have a clean MVR and no points. All incidents on my DAC are all non-DOT reported. Most incidents were backing related. I am looking for a company that has an extensive training program and willing to give me another chance. Any advice?
Old 04-28-2016, 08:39 PM
Board Icon

File a dispute on the those reported incidents with DAC if you feel they are wrong.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:37 AM
Rookie

Never said my DAC was wrong just that it's problematic when it comes to finding another company.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You might check with some of the training carriers, such as Swift, Roehl, Millis, Covenant, CRST if you want additional training. There are some carriers that primarily do teams where they could put you with a more experienced driver. US Xpress and Covenant are two that hire teams. Depending on what is on your DAC, you should find someone who will give you an opportunity to prove yourself. Having two accidents or "incidents" can be somewhat problematic within such a short time frame, especially with such limited experience. It may take some legwork, but you should find a carrier that will hire you.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Senior Board Member

This is what DAC is for. This allows companies to protect themselves from problem drivers. This is probably more than two and more like three or more preventable/chargeable accidents. As for second chances.. How many second changes should be handed out to people who have several of the same type of accidents costing the companies thousands of dollars before they are warranted to not want to just put good money after bad?
Old 04-30-2016, 05:39 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparchick37 View Post
Never said my DAC was wrong just that it's problematic when it comes to finding another company.
Certainly sounded that way in the original post. You made mention that the incidents reported were not DOT reportable........it appears that you are hinting your DAC isn't right. Not to mention the headline of the thread reading "DAC Issue." Just sayin, if you have just the slightest feeling your DAC is incorrect, dispute it. Some companies have a bad reputation of being vengeful towards drivers when it wasn't warranted at all.

Backing related incidents..........A lot of trucking obviously requires backing and your having a problem with it. GMAN is right, you might find a drive with the ones he named but it's going to be tough. You drove for 9 months, with 2 different companies and had incidents. Just the driving for 2 companies in such a short time raises a red flag. You were forced out by one and lost your job with the other, another red flag. Add in some backing incidents and you have given yourself a tough climb back.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparchick37 View Post
I drove for 9 months last year with 2 different companies. I was let go by one and forced to resign by the other. I'm looking to come back to the road but between the two companies my DAC is problematic. I have a clean MVR and no points. All incidents on my DAC are all non-DOT reported. Most incidents were backing related. I am looking for a company that has an extensive training program and willing to give me another chance. Any advice?

well since i basically just joined, i am sure the o/p has long since done something. either got a job, or gave up.

i always get a copy (free) of my DAC yearly, in fact, a copy should arrive any day now.

i am also in a class action suit, against DAC. i have been in one earlier, and received some money, and i am expecting money this time as well.

anyone who falls with in the time frame mentioned in the suit, is in the class action suit.

some of you may have already gotten the legal forms, i highly suggest you fill it out and mail it, ASAP.

i do not have the link, but if i can find it later, i will post it. you cannot claim anything, unless you fall into thier requirements. and if you did (anyone here), you should have gotten, or will get the forms. then you have till (i believe) August 31,2016 to send it back.

to the o/p, always check your DAC (for free) every year, simple to get it online, and in about 2 weeks, you'll get it in the mail. you have rights to rebutt anything said by any employer, as long as you tell the truth.

Applicant & Consumer Overview | HireRight