j/k!!!
lol!!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Any sedentary job would not be good for you. I've had joint problems for years; it sucks.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Rookie

Everybody's different but I've destroyed my back more than once, was told by 2 different doctors I needed surgery to correct it. Knowing that the majority of Dr's are no better than used car salesman and get major kickbacks from pharmaceutical Co's and referrals I went to a Chiropractor. He told me he could relieve my pain within 8 weeks and if I did certain exercises and stretches I could keep the results. He was correct. I still go once a month to get my hip straightened which is only still an issue because I'm an idiot and don't do the regular stretches and strength training he told me to do (I have a muscle imbalance AND I sleep stupid) the combo of that is whats doing it. But driving doesn't bother me. Stretch when you get out and keep your back strong! My issue was multiple herniated discs (L5/S1) and some neck issues which led to sciatica, that crap is NOT cool!

There's a book called Pain Free by Pete Egoscue. I got it as a present a couple years ago and can vouch that it's legit. A lot of the exercises and stretches it has you do are the same ones or close to what my chiro has me do. Well worth it.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:30 AM
Board Icon

When I went for my flight physical in the A.F. at 19(?) I was told I'd have to have my back fused. I said no way! A chiropractor brought me back from near paralysis when I was 14. I believe THEM more than I do a doctor who only wants to do what he knows how to do!

I flew for several years, and I've been living another 40 since then without having surgery. I get some discomfort now and then, and... IF it becomes unmanageable... I go get an adjustment. Mostly... the bouncing bunk takes care of it.

That same chiro.... back in the 60's.... was about 70 yrs old. He never KNEW modern surgery techniques... yet, he knew the human body. I also suffered severe "sick headaches" back then (for reasons I don't know.) I would get a headache and start throwing up! He could touch my head and say, "it hurts right THERE, right?" and of course.... I said yes! He would then use this little "thumper" (as I called it,) on that spot on the side of my head... and the sick headaches would go away.

Don't go to an Orthopedic.... they are doctors and can (and WILL) prescribe DRUGS or surgery to solve the problem. GOD didn't "invent" either!

The human skeleton would collapse without proper "toning" of muscles and ligaments. EVERY nerve in the body depends on it! And every PAIN is a neuro response to a nerve that is having a bad day! Nerves are "pinched" by inflamed muscles or displaced vertebrae. Concentrate on good posture and alignment of the skeleton, and good muscle tone, and you will have VERY few problems in life.

Surgery is the LAST option! Drugs only mask or alleviate a problem that exists due to poor alignment.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.