User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Paperless Logs

Howdy:
Anyone other than Werner using paperless logs? Are they a wave of the future or just another method to control the industry? Please advise....
thanks
Old 02-16-2007, 04:01 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Paperless Logs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesisman
Howdy:
Anyone other than Werner using paperless logs? Are they a wave of the future or just another method to control the industry? Please advise....
thanks
So you are not ignored around here! I do not know of what companies do use the on board computers, although I do know a computer program that you can use on your own personal computer to fill out your log sheets on. Most companies are accepting them now and are great for drivers to us. Check it out

Driversdailylog.com

It will tell you when your 11 & 14 hour is up, it will tell you when your 70 hour is up (it does the re-cap for you). It is nice. You need a computer, printer, ink & paper. Check it out, most companies are accepting it any more.

No I don't get a profit; although I should since I sell @ least 2 a week for them! I suggest it for the fact to help the driver out!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Quote:
Howdy:
thanks
So you are not ignored around here! I do not know of what companies do use the on board computers, although I do know a computer program that you can use on your own personal computer to fill out your log sheets on. Most companies are accepting them now and are great for drivers to us. Check it out

Driversdailylog.com

It will tell you when your 11 & 14 hour is up, it will tell you when your 70 hour is up (it does the re-cap for you). It is nice. You need a computer, printer, ink & paper. Check it out, most companies are accepting it any more.

No I don't get a profit; although I should since I sell @ least 2 a week for them! I suggest it for the fact to help the driver out!
Dawn I would agree Driver Daily Log is a good program. I used it for years. That being said the majority of companies do not accept them. Mainly for two reasons. (1) They have pre-printed log forms. and (2) Many have custom log scanning software that Driver Daily Log does not support. It is still a good program that you can use and then transfer the results to a paper log however.

kc0iv
Old 02-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Senior Board Member

I liked the paperless logs, but they are by no means perfect nor are they a replacement for KNOWING and understanding the whole section 395 of the FMCSR.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Howdy:
thanks
Genesisman, There are very few that have automatic logging systems systems. To my knowledge only the Werner system is used by long-haul OTR. Some of the food industry trucks use systems like the Werner system.

As far as a wave of the future I doubt it will be anywhere soon.

Roadstar online http://www.roadstaronline.com/1999/12/9912001.asp has a pretty good article (ever if is somewhat dated) about the whole concept of OBR. Even if FMCSA passed a ruling today requiring OBR I can see years of lawsuits being filed and lawsuits of those rulings happening.

The answer people like CRASH and PATT want isn't going to be solved by OBR. Even the European Union (who have used OBR for years) admits it hasn't improved driver fatigue. The only way driver fatigue will be reduced will be when drivers are required to be on a set schedule. Which isn't going to happen.

Until there is a complete change in the industry FMCSA will keep making rulings that are more feel good rules than being effective.

I'm glad I'm done with driving (retired) so I don't have to worry about the future rulings.

kc0iv
Old 02-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Default re

I like paper logs, wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Howdy:
thanks

Driversdailylog.com

I downloaded the program, they give you a 60 day free trial. Boy, the less work for me, the better I like it. I hate paperwork
Old 02-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:
Quote:
Howdy:
thanks

Driversdailylog.com

Dawn I would agree Driver Daily Log is a good program. I used it for years. That being said the majority of companies do not accept them. Mainly for two reasons. (1) They have pre-printed log forms. and (2) Many have custom log scanning software that Driver Daily Log does not support. It is still a good program that you can use and then transfer the results to a paper log however.

kc0iv

DDL does support scanable logs, read their website!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Howdy:
thanks

Driversdailylog.com

kc0iv

DDL does support scanable logs, read their website!
ssoutlaw, I have read and used most of their offering for scan logs and as I said they do not support many of the scanning systems. Reading their website they only support 33 log types. Nor do they plan on adding any more. As they say they don't have the manpower to do this.

I talked to Fritz several years ago about making more print modules and he said he just doesn't have the time. So it doesn't look like he has changed his mind.

kc0iv
Old 02-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Howdy:
thanks

Driversdailylog.com

kc0iv
KC all the company needs to do is send them a log sheet and I believe maybe signing a form stating they allow Driversdailylog to post it for drivers use on their website.

I use JJ Keller scan software and it works better with them (as long as they use the company print out form)
I also know anyone using the Rair system; they allow the logs (as long as they use the company print out form)
Also Rapid accepts them!

I was going to give you the link to the companys that accept them, but it seems their website is having issue's (uh oh/ scary, but that happens)

Go to their website and look for where it says companies that accept DDL and you can see the list, it is pretty long! You can also use it regardless if they accept them or not and just copy from the computer to your log @ least it gives you the math answers! We accept them and I never sent anything out stating we do, just word of mouth if we have talked with them