Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No on will hire me !!!!!

BigDiesel is offline BANNED Rookie

Default No on will hire me !!!!!

" I just finished truck driving school and paid $4000.00 for it, and now no one will hire me. The school and the recruiters told me that my DUI that is two years old won't be a problem in getting a job driving the big rigs. This has been my dream since I was a little kid !!! "

:thumbsup:

Hawkjr is offline Senior Board Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
    " I just finished truck driving school and paid $4000.00 for it, and now no one will hire me. The school and the recruiters told me that my DUI that is two years old won't be a problem in getting a job driving the big rigs. This has been my dream since I was a little kid !!! "

Did you try swift?? hell Western Express hires murders... try them....

Kevin0915 is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
    Did you try swift?? hell Western Express hires MURDERERS... try them....
    there, fixed it for ya.... shhhhh.....dont let some people see you make typos, or they will think you are stooopid.

Jumbo is offline Senior Board Member

Did you try asking an owner operator for a job? Maybe one who hauls nursery stock and other niche products. I bet they would be ready to give a new recruit like you a job. That DUI thing. Doesn't mean anything.
    Don't trust anybody. Especially that guy in the mirror.

Scoe is offline Administrator Senior Board Member

Don't worry. Write a nice letter to the jodge and explain how this is an impediment to your future career. Most jodges will show compassion and overlook your youthful indiscretion.

That's what I heard anyhow.
    "In trucking, 2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 lefts do!!"

Windwalker is offline Board Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Scoe View Post
    Don't worry. Write a nice letter to the jodge and explain how this is an impediment to your future career. Most jodges will show compassion and overlook your youthful indiscretion.

That's what I heard anyhow.
    :lol::lol::lol:Just be sure you know the difference between a "jodge" and a "judge"... It seems most jodges are "softies", where judges may not be....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Destroy the cities...
    and they will rebuild them.
    Destroy the farms...
    and grass will grow in the streets of the cities.

Destroy the economy of the blue-collar worker...
    and grass will grow in the executive offices.

The bill has come due.
    ( R E T I R E D , and glad of it)

belpre122 is offline Local Advocate Senior Board Member

Shouldn't be a problem Diesel! A couple of DUIs are par for the course in an industry where consumption of alcoholic beverages within the workplace is completely legal and even encouraged. At least according to CAD regulatory, legal and morality expert Golfhobo. Lest we forget Golfhobo's advice to the newcomers on CAD........

"Having alcohol in your truck WHILE OFF DUTY, is not a violation! So, kick back with a SIX in the cooler and watch your movies."~Golfhobo

Nothing like being well informed.
    "Just another OTR coolie carrier. They suck. They ALL suck. Run away from coolie OTR trucking" The Great ColdFrostyMug

TimberWolf is offline Rookie

Well Big diesel to use your very own words to others who have spoken about the very same thing...

McDonalds and BK are always hiring.....

Timberwolf
    The Irony behind the fact that I find Solice behind the wheel of 80,000 lbs of explosive material..

Useless is online now Senior Board Member

BigDiesel:

I suggest that you contact "The Federal Marshall" and explain to him that a friend spiked the 14 Cokes that you drank in 2 hours time without telling you. The cop that stopped you had no right to violate your civil liberties by requiring you to take a sobriety test, and The Federal Marshall has straightened out more than a few cops and DOT Nazis in his time.

The fact that this is your first DUI, and the fact that the offense will be over ten years old in just another eight years or so shouldn't be a problem. Most trucking companies are very understanding about such unfortunate circumstances.
    :booze::booze:
    Last edited by Useless; 12-14-2008 at 05:52 AM.

Rat
    Rat is offline Member

Well it might be tough as alot of companies won't hire someone with a DUI for insurance reasons. It might cause them to have to pay more money to an insurance company.

Another possible reason is that a DUI makes it real tough for a driver to go into Canada if the need should arise. It can be done but you need to get a queens pardon (send them money and they will let you in) or some paperwork from the courts that would allow you into canada (again more money)

I never ever had a DUI in my life or even and open container in a motor vehicle violation but I do know many that have.

GMAN is offline Administrator Board Icon

I was in a local truck stop having lunch the other day when I over heard a conversation between a fellow customer and an employee who worked at the truck stop. The worker told the customer that he had 3 DUI's.

ronjon619 is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
    I was in a local truck stop having lunch the other day when I over heard a conversation between a fellow customer and an employee who worked at the truck stop. The worker told the customer that he had 3 DUI's.

I have a friend that has 3 also.

Douglas is offline Board Regular

Try Swift. They'll hire just about anyone.

TomB985 is offline Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DMD3 View Post
    Try Swift. They'll hire just about anyone.
    Where's Kevin?

Cummins_444 is offline Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
    Thatís baby *****!! Just pathetic, I have a friend with 7 DUIís and he received two in one week. Not to mention him leading Illinois state troopers on a high speed pursuit across I-70 in his kenworth when he still had a license. And donít think not having a license anymore is going to stop him from driving and drinking.

Sealord is offline Senior Board Member

Default No One Will Hire Me !!!!!

The school and the recruiters told me that my DUI that is two years old won't be a problem in getting a job driving the big rigs. The school and company recruiters lied to you, particularly the school. BOL

Useless is online now Senior Board Member

Big Diesel;

Do like Scoe suggested, and write a letter to the jodge. This example may help you.

Dear Jodge Soandso:

I Blake BigDiesel will purform cummunitee servus in ixchanje for having the DUI thet I got on my record remooved. Im wanting to go to truckdrivin skool and becum a truckdriver so that I can git a life that works ans see the ****ree at the same time.

I promise that I wont drive drunk agaan, an I wood make a good truck driver.

So pleas tell me whut I can due to git the DUI off of my rekord, bekauz it is already over to yrers old and i love to drive ansee the country and I wod be a good truck driver.

Sinseerly,

Blake Big Diesel
    Last edited by Useless; 12-14-2008 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Useless View Post
    Big Diesel;

Do like Scoe suggested, and write a letter to the jodge. This example may help you.

Dear Jodge Soandso:

I Blake BigDiesel will purform cummunitee servus in ixchanje for having the DUI thet I got on my record remooved. Im wanting to go to truckdrivin skool and becum a truckdriver so that I can git a life that works ans see the ****ree at the same time.

I promise that I wont drive drunk agaan, an I wood make a good truck driver.

So pleas tell me whut I can due to git the DUI off of my rekord, bekauz it is already over to yrers old and i love to drive ansee the country and I wod be a good truck driver.

Sinseerly,

Blake Big Diesel
    :bow::lol:

Just a FYI to some...... This topic is pure sarcasm..... The tongue in cheek original post is asked on this forum almost daily from a potential dweller in the making......:lol::lol::lol:

blazer is offline Member

I know a guy who got 2 DUI's in ONE DAY! He was arrested once and the second time later that night trying to retrieve his car.
    If you can't explain to a 5 year old what you're doing, than you don't know what you're doing.

22. This ad will disappear if you login

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast