User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Schneider, DOT drug test, hair samples??

I read on another message board that Schneider was now not only doing urine sample drug tests but that they were also asking for hair samples.
Can anyone verify this?
I dont use any kind of drugs now but I did however smoke marijuana up until about 2 years ago. Im worried because I have read that hair samples can detect any and all drugs used in the last 3 years.
I already have my CDL, I had to pay for the schooling out of my own pocket so the last thing I want is to agree to drive for my first trucking job only to go and fail my drug screening and have that show up on my DAC and then have no company out there wanting to hire me after that.
Like I said; I NO LONGER USE ANY DRUGS. Im not in favor of ANY drug use (especially in this industry), im not an advocate for legalizing it.
Im just looking for a simple answer to a pretty straight forward question.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_te...r_drug_testing
Old 08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Rookie

it hought it only stayed in the strand of the hair... why dont you just give yourself a buzz cut. Down to the drug free hair is ahah
Old 08-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwantz
it hought it only stayed in the strand of the hair... why dont you just give yourself a buzz cut. Down to the drug free hair is ahah

I already have a buzz cut, I've had my hair like this for the most part of my life. I've also heard that if you go in with a buzz cut they think you did it to try to avoid having your hair tested and will make a note of it in the forms. Besides, if they cant get it from your head they can just get it from anywhere else your body has hair
Old 08-30-2008, 03:40 PM

We had a driver,for a while,who smoked pot whenever he was home,who had some way to beat the pee tests...He also told us that unless your a heavy user and do it every day,a hair test won't show anything over 90 days.......Hair tests are very expensive and costs go up for trying to look further back,in some cases I'm told,prohibitively higher...

While I wouldn't won't to be one to put it to the test,my former coworker came up "clean" in all his screens....
Old 08-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwantz

YEAH! That's it...buzz cut!!

Then have the rest of the Bod "Hot waxed" to remove all of that extrainious hair...spread them buttcheeks wide so they can get the wax in good and deep....pluck all yer nose hairs and ear hairs.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then they won't hire ya cuz you just proved up that ya have something to hide!!!

I don't ever worry about drug tests. NEVER. :wink:

I haven't ever had such low self-esteem that I needed them.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Senior Board Member

that's an interesting statement oranguy. is that the reason you think people take drugs :?: and would you care to expand?

not looking for an argument, it's just that i've never heard that being a reason/excuse before!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Board Regular

At 1/2 inch hair growth per month, the only way you would test positive for 2 years ago is if your hair is over a foot long. If so do this:

1: Get a presentable haircut

2: Don't worry about what Sh&t house lawyers tell you.

3: Don't use drugs, you won't have any worry about testing positive!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavega
that's an interesting statement oranguy. is that the reason you think people take drugs :?: and would you care to expand?

not looking for an argument, it's just that i've never heard that being a reason/excuse before!

Yeah...I do feel the "Esteem" issue is a huge part of why people do drugs.

Do you feel differently?

I've never done drugs..never even wanted drugs.

I drank once...a woman don't you know...then this really "wise" man...all of like 17 month's old..He cured me...My nephew Jeremiah just wondered why I felt too shitty one day...He only asked..."Why?"....That cured me...no more self pity...put the cap back on the bottle..and only have a drink now with friends over dinner....and it's been this way for 25 years.

VeVega...If there is another purpose behind drug use...clue me in.

I really have a hard time looking at some of these "Meth" fiends and understanding why they do it.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavega

Yeah...I do feel the "Esteem" issue is a huge part of why people do drugs.

Do you feel differently?

I've never done drugs..never even wanted drugs.

I drank once...a woman don't you know...then this really "wise" man...all of like 17 month's old..He cured me...My nephew Jeremiah just wondered why I felt too shitty one day...He only asked..."Why?"....That cured me...no more self pity...put the cap back on the bottle..and only have a drink now with friends over dinner....and it's been this way for 25 years.

VeVega...If there is another purpose behind drug use...clue me in.

I really have a hard time looking at some of these "Meth" fiends and understanding why they do it.

Wow people use drugs because they have low self esteem! I didnt know that. I didnt know I had a low self esteem, thanks for telling me what is wrong with me now I can seek medical attention and tell them I have pinpointed exactly what is wrong with me. I had a low self esteem.

I could have wagered everything I owe and everything I will ever earn on the fact that I would get at least one reply from someone like you.
So you have never had a reason to do drugs? So what? Neither did I.
I just did it because I wanted to try it. I liked it and kept doing it. THATS IT! Theres nothing else to it. No low self esteem, no peer pressure, not because ma and pa split up, not because of my environment, not because my best friend died. Just curiosity. But nooooo, to people like you it has to be low self esteem.
I had a very simple question that I needed an answer to. Very, very, simple. I never asked if anyone out there ever had to worry about taking a drug test. I find it pathetic that you have to come on to a trucking message board to try to put others down and make yourself feel like your better than anyone who has ever tried a drug. You may not be a drug user, or a former drug user, but you sir are something that rhymes with "glass flow". I can quit smoking weed, but you can never quit your character of being a "glass flow".
You may be a weed smoker and be able to pass a drug test, but you have proven yourself to be something worse already. Your not perfect yourself. Who knows, you probably cheat on your wife or girlfriend, you have homosexual thoughts, you neglect your children, you steal, your a compulsive liar, your heart holds racism, you take the lords name in vain, you drive past your hours allowed. There are a billion and one things a person can do that are worse than smoking a joint.
Thanks for nothing Orange, you never answered my question. Or maybe it was that you couldnt comprehend it. In which case besides being a "glass flow" you also have a lack of comprehension that needs to be looked into.
And who the heck said anything about METH????? WHO? I missed that one?
You seriously cannot compare a meth head to someone who once in a while smokes a J.
Thats not even the same ball park, not even the same sport, not the same state, not the same country, not the same planet, not the same galaxy. Those two are just too unfit for comparison.