User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I've never heard anyone say drugs were better than an orgasm. Thats a new one. In my personal opinion I would say that no drug I have ever tried is better than an orgasm. Yes, I did try other drugs when I was a teenager (I know i'll take heat for this one) but that was 11 years ago. Im now 26 and im a different person than I was then, im sure the majority of you out there are not the same person you were at 15.
Im from Chicago, so if im hanging out with a group of friends and were bored with nothing to do there is always someone in the group who knows where we can go get something to get us high and do nothing else with the rest of our day. It was always a lot easier for us to get illegal drugs and illegal weapons than it was for us to get alcohol.
So I did get to try a few of the things out there. Cocaine however is something I never understood. I know so many people who love the stuff and use it regularly and rave about it as if its powdered heaven. I can remember trying it all it did for me was clog my nose for 2 weeks. I would see others getting hyper and paranoid, and I would just sit there with a stuffed nose not being able to breath out of it and ask myself if I was maybe doing it wrong. I just dont get it why people love that stuff so much. I feel it is way over rated thanks to Tony Montana.
Which brings me to something else about urine drug tests. A couple of the drivers that I know regularly use cocaine. One even suggested that I use it because it only stays in your system for 3 days. No thanks.
So my point is this; if a company is doing URINE drug tests it is pretty much pointless unless they are doing them at least twice a week. Unless of course they are only trying to pinpoint the weed smokers. A smoker can smoke and smoke and then quit but will still test positive for marijuana 3 or 4 months later. Not the case with a cokehead who takes a whole 8-ball on a Friday evening and come up clean on Monday mornings random drug test. Thats what one of my driver friends does. He says "I just drink a lot of water on the weekend". This is for URINE drug tests, im sure a hair or blood sample will tell a different story.
I have a 17 year old brother who I know smokes the green stuff, I try to talk to him but he doesnt want to hear it and it reminds me of myself at that age. All I can do is pray that he grows, matures, and leaves behind habits that wont benefit him.
Some of the people I used to hang out with in my teenage years are still doing the same thing we were all doing then.
Some people grow, some dont.
I thank God for having a different plan for me.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
For those of you that have smoked pot at some time, I have a question.

A guy I know that will do virtually any drug known has said that it's "BETTER THAN AN ORGASM". Is that true?

And, before anyone else brings that up, NO, I'VE GOTTEN BY WITHOUT EVER TRYING IT FOR 62 YEARS, AND I REALLY DON'T THINK I NEED TO TRY IT NOW. But, I am curious.

I smoked a few times as a teenager and although I enjoyed it, I will take an orgasm instead..
hmmm, they both leave you a little light headed, a little sleepy, and looking for munchies...but yeah I gotta go with the orgasm! Besides they don't test for that. :lol:

(OK when I was a teenager I might've smoked pot once just to see if I like it!)
Old 09-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
For those of you that have smoked pot at some time, I have a question.

A guy I know that will do virtually any drug known has said that it's "BETTER THAN AN ORGASM". Is that true?

And, before anyone else brings that up, NO, I'VE GOTTEN BY WITHOUT EVER TRYING IT FOR 62 YEARS, AND I REALLY DON'T THINK I NEED TO TRY IT NOW. But, I am curious.
All I can say is your friend must have a poor sex life. :P
I said "I know him". I did not say he was a friend. I see him a couple of times a year, and don't miss him when i don't see him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But, thanks for answering my question.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckermandude
I've never heard anyone say drugs were better than an orgasm. Thats a new one. In my personal opinion I would say that no drug I have ever tried is better than an orgasm. Yes, I did try other drugs when I was a teenager (I know i'll take heat for this one) but that was 11 years ago. Im now 26 and im a different person than I was then, im sure the majority of you out there are not the same person you were at 15.
Im from Chicago, so if im hanging out with a group of friends and were bored with nothing to do there is always someone in the group who knows where we can go get something to get us high and do nothing else with the rest of our day. It was always a lot easier for us to get illegal drugs and illegal weapons than it was for us to get alcohol.
So I did get to try a few of the things out there. Cocaine however is something I never understood. I know so many people who love the stuff and use it regularly and rave about it as if its powdered heaven. I can remember trying it all it did for me was clog my nose for 2 weeks. I would see others getting hyper and paranoid, and I would just sit there with a stuffed nose not being able to breath out of it and ask myself if I was maybe doing it wrong. I just dont get it why people love that stuff so much. I feel it is way over rated thanks to Tony Montana.
Which brings me to something else about urine drug tests. A couple of the drivers that I know regularly use cocaine. One even suggested that I use it because it only stays in your system for 3 days. No thanks.
So my point is this; if a company is doing URINE drug tests it is pretty much pointless unless they are doing them at least twice a week. Unless of course they are only trying to pinpoint the weed smokers. A smoker can smoke and smoke and then quit but will still test positive for marijuana 3 or 4 months later. Not the case with a cokehead who takes a whole 8-ball on a Friday evening and come up clean on Monday mornings random drug test. Thats what one of my driver friends does. He says "I just drink a lot of water on the weekend". This is for URINE drug tests, im sure a hair or blood sample will tell a different story.
I have a 17 year old brother who I know smokes the green stuff, I try to talk to him but he doesnt want to hear it and it reminds me of myself at that age. All I can do is pray that he grows, matures, and leaves behind habits that wont benefit him.
Some of the people I used to hang out with in my teenage years are still doing the same thing we were all doing then.

LOL.........Cocaine stays in your system just as long as any of the other crap. Your "Driver" bud is just one of those Idots out there who gives a crap about nothing....not even himself.

Can a driver fool a urine test? Yes....if the lab used is one of the low budget, pass em all type. They are out there...just like everything else.

Most reputable companies pay the $185.00 per test for the Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry.

"No!" you say?...........it's what they use to test that hair sample you are concerned about.
Yeah...cocaine may only be detectable by a urinalysis test strip for 4 or 5 days, but your body keeps remnants for much longer periods of time. Just as disease can be detected for month's after healing, drugs can be detected for weeks and month's after usage.

Obviously not all trucking companies pay for computer drug tests. But apparently Schneider National, if they are plucking hairs, does.

LOL...and as far as "Sex and Stoners"....from what I have heard....the "Stoners" need a pump to get it up...because the dope keeps it down! But then.....I worked with a bunch of guys who had wives that were nurses....some with very advanced medical educations. Their stories of "Emergency Room" visits were pretty funny.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:

LOL.........Cocaine stays in your system just as long as any of the other crap. Your "Driver" bud is just one of those Idots out there who gives a crap about nothing....not even himself.

Can a driver fool a urine test? Yes....if the lab used is one of the low budget, pass em all type. They are out there...just like everything else.

Most reputable companies pay the $185.00 per test for the Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry.

"No!" you say?...........it's what they use to test that hair sample you are concerned about.
Yeah...cocaine may only be detectable by a urinalysis test strip for 4 or 5 days, but your body keeps remnants for much longer periods of time. Just as disease can be detected for month's after healing, drugs can be detected for weeks and month's after usage.

Obviously not all trucking companies pay for computer drug tests. But apparently Schneider National, if they are plucking hairs, does.

LOL...and as far as "Sex and Stoners"....from what I have heard....the "Stoners" need a pump to get it up...because the dope keeps it down! But then.....I worked with a bunch of guys who had wives that were nurses....some with very advanced medical educations. Their stories of "Emergency Room" visits were pretty funny.

I've heard most companies wont bother doing a GC/MS (Gas chromatography/Mass spectometry) unless the dipstick they use shows a positive reading for drugs. Then they go to the GC/MS for confirmation.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I wouldn't count on them not going the extra mile, especially if they suspect someone is using drugs. The last thing any of us who own trucks want is a drugged up driver hanging around.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Board Regular

I just did my drug/urine test a week ago for Schneider. I was not asked for a hair test. I am going in as an experience driver so it may be they ask for a hair test for students.

Soladad
Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 AM
Senior Board Member

When I took mine last week, not Schneider, I had to give both urine and hair and $20.00 in case I walked before being hired.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Schneider, DOT drug test, hair samples??

Quote:
I read on another message board that Schneider was now not only doing urine sample drug tests but that they were also asking for hair samples.
Can anyone verify this?
I dont use any kind of drugs now but I did however smoke marijuana up until about 2 years ago. Im worried because I have read that hair samples can detect any and all drugs used in the last 3 years.
I already have my CDL, I had to pay for the schooling out of my own pocket so the last thing I want is to agree to drive for my first trucking job only to go and fail my drug screening and have that show up on my DAC and then have no company out there wanting to hire me after that.
Like I said; I NO LONGER USE ANY DRUGS. Im not in favor of ANY drug use (especially in this industry), im not an advocate for legalizing it.
Im just looking for a simple answer to a pretty straight forward question.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Schneider, DOT drug test, hair samples??

I tested for schneider there was no hair test; but I have taken them for other jobs, if the hair on your head is to short they will take it from another area like your pubic or underarm hair.

Quote:
I read on another message board that Schneider was now not only doing urine sample drug tests but that they were also asking for hair samples.
Can anyone verify this?
I dont use any kind of drugs now but I did however smoke marijuana up until about 2 years ago. Im worried because I have read that hair samples can detect any and all drugs used in the last 3 years.
I already have my CDL, I had to pay for the schooling out of my own pocket so the last thing I want is to agree to drive for my first trucking job only to go and fail my drug screening and have that show up on my DAC and then have no company out there wanting to hire me after that.
Like I said; I NO LONGER USE ANY DRUGS. Im not in favor of ANY drug use (especially in this industry), im not an advocate for legalizing it.
Im just looking for a simple answer to a pretty straight forward question.