User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default I've been expecting this, don't know what took so long...

Just got off the phone with my sister-in-law. She and my brother are on their way back to the mid-west from Carson City, NV. She was talking on the CB with another driver, and running about 1/2 mile behind him. All of a sudden, he stood on the brakes and stopped in the hiway. When she got him back on the CB, he said he could not see. There had been a very bright flash, his eyes were watering, hurt like h$!!, and he could not see the road.

She stopped behind him and tried to help. He was finally able to get his eyes open, but when they left, his eyes were still watering. He wasn't sure if the flash came from the sky near the horizon or from somewhere on the ground. She said she kept him on the radio until they got to a truck stop and he pulled off.

I've been expecting this for a couple of years. I've been watching the board to see if anyone says they've experienced anything like it. I don't think you'll have to worry about it a lot if your load does not have placards. I won't go into any more detail than that, at this point. What follows was written by a retired FBI Agent.

Quote:
September 2004: a Delta airlines plane was heading for Salt Lake City International Airport on an evening flight from Dallas, Texas. Five miles from the city, the Boeing 737 started its descent into a routine circular formation in preparation for landing. Suddenly, a flash of intense, bright light blasted through the cockpit windshield and pierced the eyes of the crew. The pain was excruciating. The pilot could hardly keep his hands on the controls. Where had the light come from and would he be able to land the jet safely?

December 2004: news reports began to circulate about a memo issued by the FBI and Homeland Security Department warning that "...there is evidence that terrorists have explored using lasers as weapons." In particular, it expressed concern that lasers might be used to blind pilots during an approach to an airport. Indeed, by the end of the following year - 2005 - there had been nearly 300 verified laser incidents involving pilots in the U.S.
In a commercial jet, they have to fire the laser upward. That together with the angle of the windshield on an aircraft will mean that most of the photons will be reflected into space. Since there was no mention of any holes "punched" into anything, that seems not to be the intention. Instead of a pin-point, or pencil beam, the beam opens out to cover more area. Still, much narrower than a flashlight. They're trying to blind the crew. The laser would seem to be powerful enough to cause permanent blindness, but because of the angle of penetration, the percentage of penetration is not high enough to achieve that. (The greater the angle of penetration, the closer to parallel, the greater the amount of light that is reflected.)

I'm sure they would find the crash of a commercial jet much more to their liking. Big splash, big headlines, lots of news coverage. But if they want to kill people... Their most successful attack on us has been to use our own technology against us. If they can not make a jet crash into a city, we're the next step.

Simply blinding any driver will not kill enough people in the resulting crash. But, a hazmat spill could be a different story altogether. Ordinary sun glasses will not be enough, and wearing a welding helmet all day, every day, is not practical. I also doubt very much if any of you will see it coming. How do we protect ourselves?

In any of your responses, please do not mention any specific compounds, or scenarios. I don't know who all reads this and we do not have to volunteer any information they may not already have.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:05 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: I've been expecting this, don't know what took so long..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
In any of your responses, please do not mention any specific compounds, or scenarios. I don't know who all reads this and we do not have to volunteer any information they may not already have.

This does not mean you are not allowed to say anything. Not even an "OMG"?

Old 05-28-2008, 03:21 AM
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

:shock: .................... :?: .................... :idea: ................... 8)

Interesting.......to say the least.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Was Art Bell involved ????
Who is Art Bell????

Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Senior Board Member

The government has already been working on this, for this is a problem that is at least 15 years old.

You can now buy a can of *(&^$&#*((&%. This is product is available online at www.#**%#%^$#$.com. It cost $29.95 a can, and can be shipped to your home. And using it is really easy. Spray it on your windshield, let it sit for 10 minutes, then wipe it off.

Your windshield will have a light pink tint, but will protect you from any form of laser attack.

Good luck.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Senior Board Member

While Darth Abdalla could be up to no good there are also other possibilities that would account for seeing a "bright light", some of which are medical in nature.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:40 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

That laser thing has been in the news off and on for years. I remember reading one story a couple years back about some guy getting arrested for lasering commercial flights. Never heard the truck angle, but I suppose it's certainly possible.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Come on Twilight Flyer, fess up. You've been lighting farts on fire again to freak out the other drivers. It's Bat Man, not Fart Man.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:25 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I actually stole Stuey's Death Ray and have been fine-tuning it for world domination. Don't tell anyone or I'll have to kill you. :P