Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

DONT BACK DOWN

JIMMY HOFFA FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Senior Board Member

I don't know why but when I read this thread the first thing I thought of was "de tuk r jobbbs"

If you don't get it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQVoN...eature=related

Old 05-02-2008, 02:04 AM
Board Regular

Topset,

Worked their last year from March - July (2007). All I can say is good luck!!! The idea of them taking away the benes (which were the best I have ever seen anywhere) and leaving the driver packges the way they are is total nonsense.

The driver packages are crap. Now I only worked their for 4 months. When I started I expected to be humping groceries left and right. being a new guy I did not expect to be getting any cake runs anytime soon. But I had 2 days during the week where I was down in Jefferson and Stamford and 2 correctional facilities. The other 3 days I did Lake George and Bolton Landing (totally sucked).

Anyways, I agree drivers who have been there a long time should get the easy runs. The body takes a toll after humping groceries for all those years and they should get it a little easier.

Benes. All I can say is they are awesome and the best I have ever seen. I would fight for those alone!!! As you can tell by my avatar I now work for UPS Freight and our benes here are not as good. Yeah its UPS but this is our first contract and we kinda took it in a few regards.

I say strike!!!! However, I hope you guys know if you strike they will/may probably replace you. I am sure you have heard the numerous commercials here in the area about replacement workers. They already replaced 6 workers to try and make a point. The word I heard was to inspire you guys to vote yes!!!

I have a buddy who has been in the warehouse there for 22 years. So I know exactly what is going on.

I wish you guys the best. !@#$ Campini and the little short balled guy in the drivers office. I forgot his name. Gary was ok and !@#$ Mark.

To give you an idea who this might be. I was the guy who came back with a fully loaded trailer after doing my first delivery cause they loaded the trailer 26,000 lbs backwards for the 1,000,000 time and walked off the job. It was around 4th of July weekend. Tell John and Kansas I said hey when you see em.

Good Luck on Saturday!!!!!!

One final thought for all you guys who chime in and are going to chime in negative. I would suggest you get a clue on how/where America is going. Our jobs are going to China/Mexico/Columbia and wherever they can find cheap work. You better watch out cause you negative guys who think they know whats going on. Nafta will have your job being given out to a Mexican who can drive cheaper than what you need to pay your bills. Look at Celadon for starters. Do I need to say more!!! I drove over the road, I know what goes on out there. Work for free....sit for free.... Hammer out those miles illegally.

I'm done, if your gonna flame me, cool go ahead. I am not perfect. But I know whats going on and I know being OTR you do work for free. Come on home and see how its really done. No disrespect to Mods here. I know you guys have been around a while and are smart and cool in what you guys do. This was meant for all the Billy Big Riggers out there.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibamars
Topset,

Worked their last year from March - July (2007). All I can say is good luck!!! The idea of them taking away the benes (which were the best I have ever seen anywhere) and leaving the driver packges the way they are is total nonsense.

The driver packages are crap. Now I only worked their for 4 months. When I started I expected to be humping groceries left and right. being a new guy I did not expect to be getting any cake runs anytime soon. But I had 2 days during the week where I was down in Jefferson and Stamford and 2 correctional facilities. The other 3 days I did Lake George and Bolton Landing (totally sucked).

Anyways, I agree drivers who have been there a long time should get the easy runs. The body takes a toll after humping groceries for all those years and they should get it a little easier.

Benes. All I can say is they are awesome and the best I have ever seen. I would fight for those alone!!! As you can tell by my avatar I now work for UPS Freight and our benes here are not as good. Yeah its UPS but this is our first contract and we kinda took it in a few regards.

I say strike!!!! However, I hope you guys know if you strike they will/may probably replace you. I am sure you have heard the numerous commercials here in the area about replacement workers. They already replaced 6 workers to try and make a point. The word I heard was to inspire you guys to vote yes!!!

I have a buddy who has been in the warehouse there for 22 years. So I know exactly what is going on.

I wish you guys the best. !@#$ Campini and the little short balled guy in the drivers office. I forgot his name. Gary was ok and !@#$ Mark.

To give you an idea who this might be. I was the guy who came back with a fully loaded trailer after doing my first delivery cause they loaded the trailer 26,000 lbs backwards for the 1,000,000 time and walked off the job. It was around 4th of July weekend. Tell John and Kansas I said hey when you see em.

One final thought for all you guys who chime in and are going to chime in negative. I would suggest you get a clue on how/where America is going. Our jobs are going to China/Mexico/Columbia and wherever they can find cheap work. You better watch out cause you negative guys who think they know whats going on. Nafta will have your job being given out to a Mexican who can drive cheaper than what you need to pay your bills. Look at Celadon for starters. Do I need to say more!!! I drove over the road, I know what goes on out there. Work for free....sit for free.... Hammer out those miles illegally.

I'm done, if your gonna flame me, cool go ahead. I am not perfect. But I know whats going on and I know being OTR you do work for free. Come on home and see how its really done. No disrespect to Mods here. I know you guys have been around a while and are smart and cool in what you guys do. This was meant for all the Billy Big Riggers out there.

unions are a lot of the problem with things today. the job should go to the person that does it the best. not the guy that hangs out doing just enough to get by the longest.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:17 PM

As a UPS Freight city driver I have seen lots of change since jimmy and family have come aboard, some of it good some of it pretty fing bad, a 13 yr road driver now in city and 8 to 10 yr city drivers working the docks, there are some unhappy campers in our barn me being one of them, being bottom line on senority I am one of those drivers now working the docks oh well it is what it is... What are you oing to do we are being told it will be at least 6 months before i get behind a wheel again.. hmmmm
Just like anything else in life take the good with the bad.....
good luck in Albany guys I hope it works well for you....

Timberwolf
Old 05-03-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by got mud?
Quote:
Topset,

unions are a lot of the problem with things today. the job should go to the person that does it the best. not the guy that hangs out doing just enough to get by the longest.
Yeh our working conditions and benefits are getting a lot better out there without our unions being in the way!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Topset,

I don't know what part of your post you think is disrespectful to the Mods. or anyone else for that matter. :? You have your opnion and expressed it well and within the guidelines we ask for. Problem??? I don't see one.

I do have to admit that this board is geared more toward OTR because it it geared toward new drivers. Let's face it, it is hard to find local work, much less Union work being brand new to the industry.

My personal plan was to get the experience ( by being OTR ) just to get a local job so I could be home with my family and work my way back into the office. You see, I'm lucky as where I live we have an industry that gives me those options. Many here ( on this board ) don't have those same options. There are also MANY that live here where I do that choose OTR. Go figure???

Ridge
Old 05-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Rookie

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...storyID=685909

ALBANY - Teamsters at Sysco Food Services moved a step closer toward a possible work stoppage on Saturday with members voting to give the union local's executive board authorization to call a strike if need be.

"We still have a couple of days to try and maneuver so I'm not giving up hope," said Rocco Losavio, business agent for Local 294, which represents employees at Sysco's Halfmoon warehouse and distribution center which employs about 217 people. The vote was lopsided, but a breakdown wasn't available.

"Basically, the issues haven't changed," said Losavio, referring to disputes about health care costs and mandatory overtime among truckers.

The Teamster's previous three-year contract expired on Thursday but union members agreed to extend it until Thursday, said Losavio. Meanwhile, the company has already started using replacement workers to move trucks between the Halfmoon warehouse and facilities in Newburgh and Champlain.

"We're going to do what we have to do," said Gail Allen, president of Sysco in Albany. "We have customers to take care of," she said.