Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
and yet we wonder why truckers get a bad rap...we can't even say hi or good morning to someone...at worst do not respond when someone else says hi or good morning to you...because you are afraid they might be gay. if they are gay and they ask you out simply say no, just like the ugly chick at the bar. at least have the decency to say hi to someone that speaks to you. you guys probably don't say thank you if someone holds the door for you...that may be some kind of gay thing, and they are trying to get you to go have unprotected sex with them.

like I said you can tell by the way they say it, I always say thank you when someone holds the door, and respond when someone says hi in a normal situation, but a rest area bathroom isnt the place.
Ditto. I'm not "antisocial"....I do make eye contact with people, and nod my head or say hello....but I am not inclined to make conversation in the wrong place at the wrong time....not interested.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Board Regular
Default > The timing of this . .

. . post is nearly remarkable. I'm from Maine and there are a couple of rest areas up that way, ME/NH border and NH/MA border which are notorious for gay cruising. In 4+ years of OTR, I have seen very little of that, nationwide . . until yesterday!

I stopped at the I-40 EB rest area in Muldrow, OK, to read/return a Qualcomm message. There were two guys who were obviously cruising. One very old guy in a maroon Mercury Marquis and another in an older blue/green Corvette. The Corvette guy appeared to be stationary, waiting for people to come to him. The Marquis guy was going out of his way to get in front of everyone to make his presence known.

The Marquis guy reminded me of Senator Craig . .
Old 04-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Senior Board Member

You all are so freakin paranoid! lol
Old 04-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member

For me, in terms of being bugged, approached etc I would say Rest Areas are the best, then Terminals, then Truck Stops. Most of the Rest Areas I've been to only have people that are wanting to use the bathroom and leave or sleep and leave. I have had only one Lot Lizard at a rest area bug me.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerChris
I was at a rest area somewhere in Nebraska when a driver in a purple W9 pulling a Sunshine trailer came up to me and we talked for a bit. We were just talking when he suddenly asked if I wanted a back rub... hahaha I left as fast as I could.

So yes, there are some freaks out there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats funny. When i drove a honey dipper i went to go pump this guys septic tank out and he said the same thing to me. But the problem is i couldnt run. I told him i leave that up to my girlfriend and he just laughed. He just wanted to offer. LOL i put the pump in high gear, gave him the bill and roll out fast. I want back and told the other driver and he said the same guy did the same thing to him 2 years ago. LOL

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 04-21-2008, 02:05 AM
Senior Board Member

there's massive gay activity at the klein's truck stop in fresno, california, at herndon & highway 99. my first time i rolled into there. it was about 0430 on a friday morning, and the only spots left open were the back row. i thought really nothing of it. i didn't see anything peculiar as you would at the world (in)famous t/a west.

after getting into the spot, setting the tractor brakes, and catching up the log book after 11hrs of driving, somebody parked their olive green jeep cherokee in front of me. he got out and i immediately knew it was one of those flamboyant types. my window was halfway rolled down since it was the summer and i like driving with my driver side window halfway down during the night time. he jumped up on the driver side of my truck without asking permission. i gave him three warnings to get the hell off or else suffer the consequences. he kept saying, "i justht want to asthk you sthomething." i didn't want to know what it was, and i let him have it. i let him ride the lightning with the ultra awesome taser. he let out a real loud scream, some others woke up and saw what was happening, mentioned they also got bugged by the same dude a few hours prior, and had to threaten violence against him for jumping on to their trucks. nobody called the police. 8)

after regaining his senses enough, he got up, got back into his cherokee, and booked it out of there. i realized then that those back row spots were left open for a reason. too bad there weren't any open up front. i slept for a few hours, woke up at about 1000, and moved the truck up front. it was funny to see that i wasn't the only one with the same idea in mind.

another run-in with gay dude was at a shipper in tolleson. this time it was a driver from a cousin company that i should leave unnamed. he was asking me about stuff i browse while online and then, suddenly, he asked if i had a webcam and if i would be willing to put on a show for him. all i said to him was, "our conversation is now over. fuck off!"
Old 04-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerChris
I was at a rest area somewhere in Nebraska when a driver in a purple W9 pulling a Sunshine trailer came up to me and we talked for a bit. We were just talking when he suddenly asked if I wanted a back rub... hahaha I left as fast as I could.

So yes, there are some freaks out there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did you at least check out the passenger seat of the W9! There could have been a 6' tall Swedish goddess sitting there that waned to make your acquaintance, and the driver was just checkin ya out to make sure you were not a freak!

Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 04-21-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
there's massive gay activity at the klein's truck stop in fresno, california, at herndon & highway 99. my first time i rolled into there. it was about 0430 on a friday morning, and the only spots left open were the back row. i thought really nothing of it. i didn't see anything peculiar as you would at the world (in)famous t/a west.

after getting into the spot, setting the tractor brakes, and catching up the log book after 11hrs of driving, somebody parked their olive green jeep cherokee in front of me. he got out and i immediately knew it was one of those flamboyant types. my window was halfway rolled down since it was the summer and i like driving with my driver side window halfway down during the night time. he jumped up on the driver side of my truck without asking permission. i gave him three warnings to get the hell off or else suffer the consequences. he kept saying, "i justht want to asthk you sthomething." i didn't want to know what it was, and i let him have it. i let him ride the lightning with the ultra awesome taser. he let out a real loud scream, some others woke up and saw what was happening, mentioned they also got bugged by the same dude a few hours prior, and had to threaten violence against him for jumping on to their trucks. nobody called the police. 8)

after regaining his senses enough, he got up, got back into his cherokee, and booked it out of there. i realized then that those back row spots were left open for a reason. too bad there weren't any open up front. i slept for a few hours, woke up at about 1000, and moved the truck up front. it was funny to see that i wasn't the only one with the same idea in mind.

another run-in with gay dude was at a shipper in tolleson. this time it was a driver from a cousin company that i should leave unnamed. he was asking me about stuff i browse while online and then, suddenly, he asked if i had a webcam and if i would be willing to put on a show for him. all i said to him was, "our conversation is now over. **** off!"
Taser, eh? Sounds like a good thing to consider adding to my bag of tricks. A baseball bat might not be a bad idea either. Never know when you'll run across a pickup game
Old 04-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix

another run-in with gay dude was at a shipper in tolleson. this time it was a driver from a cousin company that i should leave unnamed. he was asking me about stuff i browse while online and then, suddenly, he asked if i had a webcam and if i would be willing to put on a show for him. all i said to him was, "our conversation is now over. **** off!"
Taser, eh? Sounds like a good thing to consider adding to my bag of tricks. A baseball bat might not be a bad idea either. Never know when you'll run across a pickup game

baseball bats are great only if you have enough swing room to use them. tasers are great because of the range, can be shot through an open window, and it's always fun squeezing on the trigger to constantly shock the bugger. also, unless you're superman or the flash, you won't be able to dodge a couple of taser darts once they've been let loose. a baseball bat can be dodged, ducked, and/or weaved.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

This is indeed the most bizarre post I have ever seen on Class A drivers, perhaps a tad bit on the paranoid side.

I have seen and experienced quite a few things during my 1st yr driving OTR but this topic has never crossed my mind.

I have heard that rest area's can be dangerous areas but damm never thought about gay activites, off the head, I guess don't tap your foot while in a stall :roll: :roll: