User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 06:11 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

wouldn't it just be simplier to park 3 tractor/trailers in a neat line- pull the center one out-circle the lot and then tell all the students to take turns putting
it back in the hole.

Maybe that's why that guy the other night in the rest area..set out a traffic cone before he tried backing in. :roll:
Old 11-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg
wouldn't it just be simplier to park 3 tractor/trailers in a neat line- pull the center one out-circle the lot and then tell all the students to take turns putting
it back in the hole.

Maybe that's why that guy the other night in the rest area..set out a traffic cone before he tried backing in. :roll:

It would be IF we had extra trailers and IF that was the skills test the state requires to get a CDL.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Maybe that's why that guy the other night in the rest area..set out a traffic cone before he tried backing in.
I bet he was wearing an orange safety vest, had black horn-rimmed glasses, and wore a hat with ear flaps on it!! :roll:

Fact is.... it is MUCH easier to learn to parallel park between TRUCKS than with cones! But, Ridge is right..... they use cones for the test! If you have the option, though.... learn to park between trailers (or trucks) and THEN.... fine tune your skills to adapt to CONES! [This applies to ALL forms of backing!]

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Default I couldn't help it!

I'm sorry, but I could not help myself.

I was in the TA lot watching a Swift truck trying to back into a hole for the night when after quite a bit of time, the Swift driver got on the radio for help; I helped him back in and he wanted to give me 10 dollars, I replied "No keep your weeks pay, but if your truck had a trailer on it I would accept it." :lol:

or how about,,,,,,,,,,,,

How do you know when your wife is messing with a Swift Driver?

When you come back after a week on the road and he is still trying to back out of the driveway. :shock:

Nothing against Swift personally, it seems they have been selected to be the butt of many trucking jokes. 8)

Creek