User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trucking and wheeling?

Anyone here into offroading? I've been into wheeling for a long time and love to hit the rockcrawling trails in cali, however I just recently quit my job as a mechanic for 8yrs to pursue something more fullfilling. I'm wondering if y'all ever have time to go wheeling or even work on the jeep/trucks etc....? It seems like no home time would equal no hobby time also.

What hobbys do you guys have while out there on the road?

Kevo
Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Board Member

My hobby while out on the road was counting how many times the same big riggers doing 80 mph would pass me in the same day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
My hobby while out on the road was counting how many times the same big riggers doing 80 mph would pass me in the same day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I laughed the other day at the same thing. There was a Canadian truck who would pass 4 cars going downhill and the cars would pass him going up hill. It went on for 150 miles while I trailed behind with the cruise on 70.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Trucking and wheeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettofab75
Anyone here into offroading? I've been into wheeling for a long time and love to hit the rockcrawling trails in cali, however I just recently quit my job as a mechanic for 8yrs to pursue something more fullfilling. I'm wondering if y'all ever have time to go wheeling or even work on the jeep/trucks etc....? It seems like no home time would equal no hobby time also.

What hobbys do you guys have while out there on the road?

Kevo

Not much of life , because you only come home for a few days one every few weeks . I used to go wheeling b4 I sold my beast and used the money to pay off my second car and pay for my CDL school , but now i have a second "GROCERY" getter grand cherokee I'm getting ready to toss a set of 1-ton axles under , but this time I'm only going 38 swampers most lielky TSL -SX but possibly 39" iroks if not the SX . In Colorado there are trails every where I can drive 3 miles from the house an go wheeling , And hopefully next summer I have a finished Jeep to go out on the trails with .
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Hobbies are what kept me sane when I was hometime. When I would get home and just sit around I would go crazy. I hardly ever spent anytime at the house when I was on hometime and would usually be out riding my quad in the summer and snowmobiling in the winter.