Thread: Truck Drivers & Cocaine

unkut2003 is offline Board Regular

Default Truck Drivers & Cocaine

So why the big talk about drivers and cocaine use??? It seems I hear A LOT of talk/rumors/whatever of drivers testing positive for cocaine? I was talking with a guy at a local Flyin J and he was telling me about his buddy gettin busted breakin up and snortin lines at a rest area... :shock: WTF???

DaveP is offline Senior Board Member

Default Re: Truck Drivers & Cocaine

Quote Originally Posted by unkut2003
    So why the big talk about drivers and cocaine use??? It seems I hear A LOT of talk/rumors/whatever of drivers testing positive for cocaine? I was talking with a guy at a local Flyin J and he was telling me about his buddy gettin busted breakin up and snortin lines at a rest area... :shock: WTF???
    Just like anything else...you find what you're looking for.

I stay away from "stuff"and "stuff" stays away from me.

It'll bite'em in the ***** some day...in ONE way or another.

Default Re: Truck Drivers & Cocaine

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP
    Quote Originally Posted by unkut2003
    Just like anything else...you find what you're looking for.

I stay away from "stuff"and "stuff" stays away from me.

It'll bite'em in the ***** some day...in ONE way or another.

The thing that confused me is drivers are supposedly underpaid and never home??? Then explain how you'd have a coke connection.... or the money to buy it???

nickbtubas is offline Senior Board Member

i have seen drivers go to liquor stores and bring out a case of beer to their truck and than drive off... I never understood why they did that!!!

And i don't understand why drivers want to use drugs while they are on duty... when i was at home working for a construction company, another driver rolled their truck going too fast on an on ramp (we were on the same job site). a couple of weeks later i was called into the office and had to do a worker's comp thing for him and found out he was using cocaine... the guy almost lost his left hand.

those people should NEVER be allowed on the highway
    Quote Originally Posted by God Almighty
    Go drive like a Christian or a Texan!!!!

Hat Rak is offline Board Regular

Hmmmm...

One corporation found out that after lengthening their daily hours of operation by an hour that employees were found positive for barbturates because they felt they needed it to stay up longer in the day. (whatever happened to caffeine? haha)

And cocaine is an 80's drug, meaning it was the drug of choice among mainly during that time period. I've heard a lot of 80's coke stories about certain musicians, producers, and engineers... and I've heard of truck drivers making $200,000 a year and putting $185k up their nose.

I've seen/worked with folk who have used coke... it can keep a guy up for days. I couldn't ever bring myself to using that crap.

Uturn2001 is offline Senior Board Member
    East Central IL between the corn and the beans

The thing that confused me is drivers are supposedly underpaid and never home??? Then explain how you'd have a coke connection.... or the money to buy it???
    Who says all of their "income" is from legal means.

In almost every state you see stories of commercial vehicles being stopped and several hundred pounds of drugs are found somewhere in the truck or trailer.

I know for a fact, because it happened to me and I have seen it first hand several times, that in certain parts of the country you can and will be approached by people asking you if you want to make some quick money by delivery some special cargo for them.
    Finding the right trucking company is like finding the right person to marry. I really comes down to finding one whose BS you can put up with and who can put up wih yours.

greg3564 is offline Senior Board Member

Usually meth is a bigger problem that cocaine. Should be no surprise to anyone who's been driving more than a month. Just look at some of the fine folks you see coming and going at the truck stop.
    Check out the new 2008 Microsoft Streets and Trips! Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Uturn2001

I know for a fact, because it happened to me and I have seen it first hand several times.
    WOW!!! Care to elaborate..... :shock:

coalregion is offline Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Hat Rak
    One corporation found out that after lengthening their daily hours of operation by an hour that employees were found positive for barbturates because they felt they needed it to stay up longer in the day. (whatever happened to caffeine? haha)
    Barbituates are downers, and would have the opposite effect if taken to stay up longer. Amphetamines are what you want if you want to stay up all night long.... :wink:
    Food has replaced sex in my life. Now I can't even get in my own pants....

ben45750 is offline Senior Board Member

I can't see many drivers using coke. Drivers (well most) drivers could not afford that habit unless they dealing. I would think meth could be more associated to truck drivers.

runner123 is offline Rookie

Wow, doesn't that take the fun out of driving :roll: ::: runner123
    Looking into trucking, been contacted by Schneider, Central Refrigerated and Averitt. Any comments on the better of the three.

One
    One is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564
    Usually meth is a bigger problem that cocaine. Should be no surprise to anyone who's been driving more than a month. Just look at some of the fine folks you see coming and going at the truck stop.
    Agree, thats the real problem right now!! And since it can be snorted, it is sometimes mistakes as coke.

Radaremtjcw is offline Member

You hear the meth thing more and more, which is dangerous. I just hope they catch these guys as we and your and our families are on the road with these guys as well. Don't even want to think about what they can cause out there. I've heard especially around Barstow and Bakersfield, CA it's bad. :evil:
    Jason - KJ4AQT
    Trucker Weather Watch ID - TW005-FL
    Trucker Weather Watch is a new program from the national weather service for people in the transportation industry, if you have an interest in weather look into Trucker Weather Watch
    http://truckerweatherwatch.org

Orange Andy is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Radaremtjcw
    I've heard especially around Barstow and Bakersfield, CA it's bad. :evil:
    Thats true. Lot of crack in that area. Labs in the desert and valley are all too common, unfortunately.

dtryanxpress is offline Member

Cocaine is a hell of a drug :shock:
    chili fries w/ranch

17. This ad will disappear if you login