Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: dac report info

Malaki86 is offline Senior Board Member

I just had USIS send me the paperwork to get a copy of my DAC. In the paperwork, it says that you are entitled to a free report from them every 12 months.

I look at 10-20 DAC reports every day during the hiring process at my company. Despite all the paranoia surrounding DAC reports I can tell you that they are seldom "trashed", or "slammed", or "burned", etc. In my many years of being directly involved in the hiring process what I know for CERTAIN is that those who have "bad" reports generally have a consistent pattern over several carriers. These patterns are things such as late deliveries, or quit under dispatch, or excessive complaints, or abandoned at unathorized location, or company policy violation, etc....you get the idea. Many drivers will try to convince you that even though they were a "perfect" employee, for some inexplicable reason their company just decided for no good reason to leave poor work history data on their DAC. Give me a break. I'm not here to debate each and every DAC case, but for those of you visiting this forum to find information about DAC reports and what they contain, let me give you some good advice. If you do the right thing and don't quit under a load, don't abandon the truck, don't complain and yell at your dispatcher every day, don't violate company policies by installing inverters or taking unauthorized passengers simply because you think the policies aren't right even though you knew what they were when you accepted the job, then you will have nothing to worry about, period. Many, many drivers have very good DAC reports because they follow the rules. When I review an app for a potential new hire I'm not as concerned about how many jobs they've had as I am about what they did at those jobs. Follow the rules, be a man and leave on good terms and your DAC report can become your best friend when it comes time to getting that job you're looking for!

GMAN is offline Administrator Board Icon

You have a right to see a copy of your DAC. Most carriers are not going to report false information to them. In fact, carriers are somewhat limited as to what they can put in a driver's file. There are some drivers who are protected by their bad behavior because not all carriers subscribe to DAC. Carriers must subscribe in order to be able to report to them.

belpre122 is offline Local Advocate Senior Board Member

Here is a copy of Page 1 of my DAC report, received in the mail today.
    "Just another OTR coolie carrier. They suck. They ALL suck. Run away from coolie OTR trucking" The Great ColdFrostyMug

Talking

So your real name is Coleen Nichols? And all this time I thought you were a guy, belpre.

belpre122 is offline Local Advocate Senior Board Member

What would make you think that GMAN?

headborg is offline Senior Board Member

Actor: Coleen Nichols

Is the person requesting the DAC or Pulling the Information at DAC.

Not sure which it is... they are Acting on the request.

All we know from that is Belpre122 has a G initial
    and worked for CRST for 6 months , review required before passing back over that Bridge, and had
    0 accidents while there.

I'm going to post all 12 pages of my DAC over at my site. They got a lot information, besides just who you worked for. They got every name of every company you ever contacted, all your drug screen info, even consumer credit info. Even your TSA haz-mat clearance info on there.
    I'd like to invite you all to visit and join
    my new message board at:
    http://drivers-lounge.proboards.com

flyinphoenix is offline Rookie

Default Don't worry about DAC till you get out there?

As a non professinal driver, why would you even be worried about your DAC? If your woory, then we don't need you out here,....think about that!!!!

headborg is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by flyinphoenix View Post
    As a non professinal driver, why would you even be worried about your DAC? If your woory, then we don't need you out here,....think about that!!!!

whatever,

Guess you love the Patriot Act too

and probably never hear of McCarthy -- Communist witch hunt

or BLACK LISTS..

When a few people set in JUDGEMENT of Who's Professional or NOT-- based on information( which is provided... ONLY after an employee quits or is terminated) or by someone who figures " if you're professional- you have nothing to worry about " and therefore anyone "worried" about their DAC must be unprofessional-- is simply nieve

How about credit scores/files.... Oh I pay my bills on time, so I have nothing to worry about. Right? Meanwhile, some on steals your I.D. or uses your name-- and then YOU have to spend time/money fighting to get all that fixed.

See, if DAC was required to be set up so as ... every employer had to submit quarterly reports on DRIVERs-- it would be different-- it would paint a much more HONeST picture of professional drivers-- and much harder for an employer to explain WHY they continued to employ someone that was SO UNPROFESSIONAL for soooo long.
    I'd like to invite you all to visit and join
    my new message board at:
    http://drivers-lounge.proboards.com

While it sounds good that a carrier make quarterly reports to DAC, it would be very costly to implement. I am not sure it would make that much difference. Carriers use DAC as part of the hiring process. It is a quick way to do a check on potential hires. It is not the only tool used. I don't particularly like DAC or the way carriers must report on drivers. I have had some inaccuracies on my DAC, but it hasn't hurt my ability to work. I have an excellent work history and were I to want to go to work for another carrier I don't think that I would have a problem going with any carrier I choose.

Default werner / dac reports

yeah werners good for throwin stuff on dacs that dont belong there. i reported a trailer damage that a lumper in rochester caused, it was a presealed trailer so i couldnt pretrip the inside of it.......it went on my report.

Windwalker is offline Board Icon

Quote Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
    What would make you think that GMAN?
    Most likely, a simple assumption (unwarranted), just like me. I knew a woman named Nichols once. Held a very good conversation. Little short thing... Only thing around that was shorter than her stature was her "fuse"... But not bad looking at all.

No, her first name was not Coleen, so we've never met that I know of.

And, on that assumption... I did, also, but really can't say I thought about it that much either.
    Destroy the cities...
    and they will rebuild them.
    Destroy the farms...
    and grass will grow in the streets of the cities.

Destroy the economy of the blue-collar worker...
    and grass will grow in the executive offices.

The bill has come due.
    ( R E T I R E D , and glad of it)

Cluggy619 is offline Senior Board Member

It's rather funny that so many companies will pay for a DAC report before hiring a driver, but never submit one when the driver leaves.

Me, being a job hopper, have worked for several companies over the years, but only a few reported to DAC.

I also have a couple of companies that I never work for report to DAC. It's usually because I went to orientation, or I turned down their offer of employment for something better.

Any ideals as to why they report like that?
    Anyone can learn to drive a truck. Few become truck drivers.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
    '

Fredog is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Most likely, a simple assumption (unwarranted), just like me. I knew a woman named Nichols once. Held a very good conversation. Little short thing... Only thing around that was shorter than her stature was her "fuse"... But not bad looking at all.

No, her first name was not Coleen, so we've never met that I know of.

And, on that assumption... I did, also, but really can't say I thought about it that much either.
    I dated a really short woman once, but I had to break up with her, she kept sticking her nose in my business

Cluggy619 is offline Senior Board Member

Well, after mailing my request for my DAC report over 2 weeks ago, I still don't have it.

It is totally unfair that a company can get your DAC report within 24-48 hours, if it even takes that long, but a driver get's screwed around when they request their own DAC report.

WTF does it take to get my own DAC report?

Does anyone know of a good, cheap, site where a driver can order it?

And forget that Untitled Page site...it just transfer you to this site : Motor Vehicle Records Checks

And it so confusing, you can't just order your DAC report.

This is total BS. There are laws that protect people's credit report, there should be some laws protecting drivers' right to obtain their own DAC report. We, as drivers, should be able to obtain our own DAC report as quick as the companies do.

That's all I want. Just some fairness in retrieving the report. Because we all know that fighting them is next to impossible.
    Anyone can learn to drive a truck. Few become truck drivers.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
    '

Senorjhawk is offline Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Does anyone know how long information stored within a DAC report is kept on file? Does the report go back to your first DAC-reportable company or just ten years?
    Here's an article with time periods on the DAC. In short, it depends on what info you're talking about.

Exactly what Information is on a "DAC Report"?

geargrinder is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Senorjhawk View Post
    Here's an article with time periods on the DAC. In short, it depends on what info you're talking about.

Exactly what Information is on a "DAC Report"?

Like cluggy I have went through quite a few companies. The DAC stuff is all pretty innocuous. dates, satisfactory, review before rehire. Of course, I don't go around smashing up peoples equipment and then say, it was like that when I got it.

The trick is to quit before they find out about your bad habits:lol2:
    Last edited by geargrinder; 05-10-2009 at 09:24 PM.
    "this prisoner / Of the fine white lines / Of the white lines on the free, free way"

bigtruckman is offline Member

well let me ask you guys these, what would bar other companies from looking at you once they find out that there is a backing incident on your record say you have three two with minimal paint transfer and one with no damage but the company has them listed as undetermined?

bigtruckman is offline Member

big jeep did big blue remove your undetermained from dac? i have two non preventable parking lot incidents and they have them lisited as undetermained not sure if they are on my dac are not but when this new company i want to go with called them big blue told them about them but gave them no info on the incidents.
    Last edited by bigtruckman; 05-15-2009 at 07:27 AM.

dle
    dle is offline Senior Board Member

Don't know if this was posted, but here is the web address for getting the DAC report

USIS | Consumers - Information for Consumers

22. This ad will disappear if you login

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast