User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The funny part is I read about all the drivers that take anti-depressents.Who's to say that you are in rush hour,a/c broke just got cut off you are out of meds. and you lose it start crashing into cars all depressed about your wife leaving ya,your dog died and on and on..I think you got problems you can't deal with,without DRUGS then GET OFF THE ROAD!!! Oh that's right you gots a script....
Old 07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

That sounds like a country song, Larz.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Rookie

Regarding the topic of drug testing, can anyone comment specifically on the type of test that CFI administers?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
That sounds like a country song, Larz.
Well I am sitt'n here listening to JR Brown..
Old 07-20-2007, 04:36 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

You know if you play a country song backwards, you win the lottery, your wife comes back, your dog returns home and has puppies, and your truck starts working again. :wink:

Old 07-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Rookie

Why don't you do me a favor and not be condsending -- and loose the McDonalds comments. Drug testing is part of the profession and I want to know everything regarding any profession or company I interact with.

Now It's your turn to assume some more about me and my life circumstances and post more condsending comments.

I just want to know how I will have to tap dance for big brother. Do I have to give blood samples .... DNA....
What about homeland security backgroud checks.... fingerprints

I am a security officer at a low income inner city apt complex and get all typs of security and drug screens.

Do we pay out of pocket for these screens in the trucking profession. I had to pay for my homeland security checks???

Be nice!!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbright1
Why don't you do me a favor and not be condsending -- and loose the McDonalds comments. Drug testing is part of the profession and I want to know everything regarding any profession or company I interact with.

Now It's your turn to assume some more about me and my life circumstances and post more condsending comments.

I just want to know how I will have to tap dance for big brother. Do I have to give blood samples .... DNA....
What about homeland security backgroud checks.... fingerprints

I am a security officer at a low income inner city apt complex and get all typs of security and drug screens.

Do we pay out of pocket for these screens in the trucking profession. I had to pay for my homeland security checks???

Be nice!!

anyway. Mcdonalds drug tests, just like everyone else.....most trucking companies pay for your physical and drug screen, some ( like mine) charge you for it if you quit in a certain amount of time ( 90 days with us) that seems fair to me.. never heard of havign to give a blood sample, just pee and sometimes hair. if you want hazmat endorsement, you will need a background check with fingerprints EVERYTIME you renew youe license, some companies pay for it ( 94.00) and some dont
Old 07-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Be nice!!
Seriously, "Nightbright1!!"

You are new here, and when one reads your "What??" thread, you sound like a scarecrow security guard with a pissy attitude.

There are some pathetic losers driving big trucks, and unfortunately, they give the driving profession a bad reputation. You are not going to win friends or influence people here or out on the road with your arrogance and chip on the shoulder attitude; you'll only succeed in making yourself look like a lame poser.

This is a proffession where anyone who comes here wanting very much information about drug testing (unless it pertains to certain details, such as med's tthat are permitted or prohibited) is going to be viewed with suspicion. That's understandable; we all have to share the roads with too many losers/users as it is.

As for "Big Brother" and issues of privacy, those who oppose drug testing, or even lend any hint of opposing testing, as in your reference to "dancing with Big Brother", or the type, scope or degree of testing, should find other career endevors. If you stay clean, then regardless of what testing methods are used, you have nothing to worry about; if you are worried about it, then we don't want you out on the roads with us anyway.

You don't have to play Mr. Badass here; you'll draw far more bees with honey than you will with vinegar. Go look at "BDM's" postings and threads!! He didn't last long here with his attitude either!!
Old 07-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:

Be nice!!
Seriously, Nightbright1!!

You are new here, and when one reads your "What??" thread, you sound like a scarecrow rent-a-cop with a nasty attitude.

There are some pathetic losers driving big trucks, and unfortunately, they give the driving profession a bad reputation.

You are not going to win friends or influence people here or out on the road with your arrogance and chip on the shoulder attitude; you'll only succeed in making yourself look like a lame poser.

This is a proffession where anyone who comes here wanting very much information about drug testing (unless it pertains to certain details, such as med's tthat are permitted or prohibited, is going to be viewed with suspicion. That's understandable; drivers have to share the roads with too many users as it is.

As for "Big Brother" and issues of privacy, those who oppose drug testing, or even lend any hint of opposing testing, as in your reference to "dancing with Big Brother", or the scope or degree of testing, should find other career endevors.

Go look at "BDM's" postings and threads!! He didn't last long here with his attitude either!!

You have the attitude.... YOU came off with telling me to go work a McDonalds as an insult. I did not insult anyone and u don't need to have an attitude by insulting people here. I asked a question and u did not have to respond at all or u could have left the insult out in your response. Take a deep look at your self and words. Now I am telling you what to do - hows it feel.
By the way there is honor in ALL work even the people who work at McDonalds who serve food to hunger customers. I have no problem with drug testing espically for OTR trucking. So why don't you shut your mouth about me and what I need to do.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Rookie

anyway. Mcdonalds drug tests, just like everyone else.....most trucking companies pay for your physical and drug screen, some ( like mine) charge you for it if you quit in a certain amount of time ( 90 days with us) that seems fair to me.. never heard of havign to give a blood sample, just pee and sometimes hair. if you want hazmat endorsement, you will need a background check with fingerprints EVERYTIME you renew youe license, some companies pay for it ( 94.00) and some dont[/quote]

Thanks for the helpful information
I was wondering hoe much money all these test and endorsments ect... were going to cost me out of pocket.
I betters set aside a couple hundred just for misc. test and permits just in case.