Thread: Cos. that will hire with a misdemeanor

Sage9 is offline Rookie

Default Cos. that will hire with a misdemeanor

Will any Co. hire you with a misdemeanor that is less than 5 yrs. old?
    A recent graduate needs a job but has a marijuana charge for less than 2 ozs. that is just ovr 4 yrs. old.
    Websites never seem to mention this, just felonies or DUI's. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sealord is offline Senior Board Member

Default Hiring Companies

Somewhere on this site is a matrix listing the companies and their hiring requirements including felonies, misdemeanors, etc. I can't seem to find it quickly but I'm sure there'll be someone along who knows which "button" to push. BOL

Uturn2001 is offline Senior Board Member
    East Central IL between the corn and the beans

At one time Swift did, but that was also on a case by case basis.

I have a misdemeanor and it was 3 1/2 years old when I started driving and that was with Swift.
    Finding the right trucking company is like finding the right person to marry. I really comes down to finding one whose BS you can put up with and who can put up wih yours.

Sage9 is offline Rookie

Swift is saying 10 yrs. A recruiter there said maybe 3, someone else said 10 yrs. That seems pretty stiff for a joint's worth of pot at 18....

mikey4069 is offline Senior Board Member

Keep knocking on door tell you find someone that will take you. The botton is company listings right on top .

tbrown is offline Member

Default !

Some companies will hire you with a misdemeanor if it's more than 3 years old -- can't remember which, but if you go to Company Listings, go to bottom and select your state, then hit the button to compare requirements/restrictions. You pretty much have to then click on each companies site to look further.

I would also suggest you call the recruiters that you are narrowing the search to - "drug-related," even misdemeanors, can automatically bar you from employment at some companies. Examples of this: Swift; 10 years if it's drug-related, either felony or misdemeanor, and JB Hunt; 5 years for felony convictions, will not hire (ever) if it's drug-related! :shock:

My SO went through this and his was well over 5 years old. Keep dialing and knocking on doors though, you'll eventually hear a yes. By the way, Gordon Trucking Inc. (GTI) only asks about felonies within last 7 years, nothing to do with misdemeanors.

P.S. On the applications, either online or by phone, most companies will ask about ANY substance-related convictions.
    BOL

Sage9 is offline Rookie

Well I just tried that - it showed 3 out of 107 IF it is treated as a DUI.
    I will also try looking up Gordon.
    Thanks.

trucking97 is offline Rookie

swift will not hire with that misdemeanor. I had a misdemeanor and they told me to check back in 5 years. Werner will not hire you either I tried with them after swift said no. that was seven years ago so I don't know about now.

10. This ad will disappear if you login