User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default locked message

Twilight flyer; whats the deel? the message I put on here was not spam, just an informative sight I found interesting and thought others might also. I looked after what you did and found nothing in the forum rules about putting another web page such as this in this forum!!! I've seen where others have put web sights in the forum, maybe not the same kind but whats the diff??? Is it like a competition thing or are you afraid the company you work for might not look so good there? If this is the way this forum works than I don't know if I want anything to do with it. It's to bad when a person can't print something they think other might find interesting!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Like twilight explained, they wouldnt let you post this site over there, why should you post that site here. Most people over here know that site, hell, I have hired a few drivers from there and even advertised my own recruiting webpage on top of those boards. I think you will find that most drivers see that website as a bunch of complete whiners who couldnt make it at a company can like blaming others. If you havent noticed that they arent too comfortable with drivers who come out there and tell people they are doing well at one of their hated companies. They will accuse that driver of being a "company plant" or just a liar.
As for me, I welcome all the negativity about my company that you want to dish out. As long as the moderators allow a opposite responce from me. This board is very fair about that. That board isnt.
Recently I saw a post on that board about a driver who cancelled orientation because of what he read on that board. The driver said "after I read the reports on this board, I called JB hunt and quit orientation" Then he said he guesses he would remain unemployed until he found someone better. This cracked me up. The dude isnt even making a paycheck. He is looking for approval, and he is letting a message board full of LOSERS who FAILED at various jobs dictate his own career.
Then what really cracks me up is the guy who owns this site said. "people at the corporate offices of these big companies hate us" I can assure you this couldnt be farther for the truth. We at the corporate offices of said companies think they are hilarious and even encourage more websites like that. Even negative attention is good advertising. Like I said, when I had my own recruiting website up, I even paid to have it on top of that message board. This is why I miss Cluggy, his constant whining about me and my employer made me 1000s of dollars over the last year or so.
I suggest you stay over there...there are certain types of people who just fit better in a whining enviroment.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

If this is the way this forum works than I don't know if I want anything to do with it.

Don't let the door hit ya in the Butt
Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

It's cross posting of websites and is considered bad form regardless of what site you are on. Some sites are adament and nasty about it (like that one)...others, like this one, tend to go with easy warnings until things get out of hand. I locked your post down because it was the 3rd one I've seen in the past couple of days, hyping that site, and it smacks of spam. We've been down this road before with other sites and have been directed to eliminate the issues before they become so.

As far as how my company looks, that's no concern of mine. I have my thoughts, drivers have theirs...I am not out to change the world and I make it a point to avoid arguments. I'm here to answer questions when they come up, nothing more, and I take a firmly neutral stance on any trucking related topic, regardless of the company.

I browse that website from time-to-time, but in all honesty, I don't consider it an unbiased source of information. It's primarily one-sided and while there's certainly no problems with that, it lacks the other side of the argument that it needs to be a legitimate source of information. Of course, that's my opinion. One thing I like about this site is that both sides of an issue can be presented and in most cases (except for those suffering from Cluggyitis), those exchanges are at least semi-civil and sometimes even amiable.

As far as the competition thing, you might do well to understand that CAD is a business. And as a trucking company related business, by posting links to competing websites, you are undermining their business. As I said, we are usually pretty laid back about things like that, but when it begins to look like it will be an issue, we are asked to act to eliminate it.

You are certainly welcome to post here for as long as you wish, providing you continue to follow the T.O.S. you agreed to upon registering. If you don't agree with my decision on this, you can certainly contact Jeff or Lucinda at CAD and express your disagreement. Thanks.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:47 PM

I think I may have posted a link to the site as well.I didn't think it would be an issue I saw some info about trucking companys and shipper/reviews polls and thought it would be ok for the newbies like me to check out.If I did something wrong I am sorry just trying to help people like the help I have been getting myself from thiis board.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Rookie

Exact same thing happened to me but on the other website. A guy over there wanted to see what the inside of a Maverick truck looked like. There is a post here with some pics he was looking for and I posted the address of this website. The forum Nazi gave me a warning and threatened to remove me from their site. He wasn't as nice about it as Twilight Flyer is. I don't blame TF, the other website does the same but are not as nice about it as they are here. So don't judge TF as "a bad guy". They do the same over there. Yoopr, go over there and post this site on their website and see what happens. You may change your tune. So screw them, ( the other site ) this site is much better anyway. I was just trying to help someone out.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM

[quote="bouncer"]I think I may have posted a link to the site as well.I didn't think it would be an issue I saw some info about trucking companys and shipper/reviews polls and thought it would be ok for the newbies like me to check out.If I did something wrong I am sorry just trying to help people like the help I have been getting myself from thiis board.[/qaYou have nothing to be sorry about, no more than I do. When someone tries to stop us from helping others out then thats pretty sad.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Like twilight explained, they wouldnt let you post this site over there, why should you post that site here. Most people over here know that site, hell, I have hired a few drivers from there and even advertised my own recruiting webpage on top of those boards. I think you will find that most drivers see that website as a bunch of complete whiners who couldnt make it at a company can like blaming others. If you havent noticed that they arent too comfortable with drivers who come out there and tell people they are doing well at one of their hated companies. They will accuse that driver of being a "company plant" or just a liar.
As for me, I welcome all the negativity about my company that you want to dish out. As long as the moderators allow a opposite responce from me. This board is very fair about that. That board isnt.
Recently I saw a post on that board about a driver who cancelled orientation because of what he read on that board. The driver said "after I read the reports on this board, I called JB hunt and quit orientation" Then he said he guesses he would remain unemployed until he found someone better. This cracked me up. The dude isnt even making a paycheck. He is looking for approval, and he is letting a message board full of LOSERS who FAILED at various jobs dictate his own career.
Then what really cracks me up is the guy who owns this site said. "people at the corporate offices of these big companies hate us" I can assure you this couldnt be farther for the truth. We at the corporate offices of said companies think they are hilarious and even encourage more websites like that. Even negative attention is good advertising. Like I said, when I had my own recruiting website up, I even paid to have it on top of that message board. This is why I miss Cluggy, his constant whining about me and my employer made me 1000s of dollars over the last year or so.
I suggest you stay over there...there are certain types of people who just fit better in a whining enviroment.
Are you trying to tell me there are no whiners here? You're supposed to be a profesianal,but you do more arguing with people like Cluggy than most! Is that anyway for a so called pro to be? I think I brought that to your attention a while back if you remember. I don't care if you say it means nothing. Real pros would let it roll off, but not you. There is as much whineing here as anywhere
Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
If this is the way this forum works than I don't know if I want anything to do with it.

Don't let the door hit ya in the Butt
That's all you got to say? I'll give you some time to think about it and mabee you'll come up with something a little more clever. :roll:
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
It's cross posting of websites and is considered bad form regardless of what site you are on. Some sites are adament and nasty about it (like that one)...others, like this one, tend to go with easy warnings until things get out of hand. I locked your post down because it was the 3rd one I've seen in the past couple of days, hyping that site, and it smacks of spam. We've been down this road before with other sites and have been directed to eliminate the issues before they become so.

As far as how my company looks, that's no concern of mine. I have my thoughts, drivers have theirs...I am not out to change the world and I make it a point to avoid arguments. I'm here to answer questions when they come up, nothing more, and I take a firmly neutral stance on any trucking related topic, regardless of the company.

I browse that website from time-to-time, but in all honesty, I don't consider it an unbiased source of information. It's primarily one-sided and while there's certainly no problems with that, it lacks the other side of the argument that it needs to be a legitimate source of information. Of course, that's my opinion. One thing I like about this site is that both sides of an issue can be presented and in most cases (except for those suffering from Cluggyitis), those exchanges are at least semi-civil and sometimes even amiable.

As far as the competition thing, you might do well to understand that CAD is a business. And as a trucking company related business, by posting links to competing websites, you are undermining their business. As I said, we are usually pretty laid back about things like that, but when it begins to look like it will be an issue, we are asked to act to eliminate it.

You are certainly welcome to post here for as long as you wish, providing you continue to follow the T.O.S. you agreed to upon registering. If you don't agree with my decision on this, you can certainly contact Jeff or Lucinda at CAD and express your disagreement. Thanks.
I was'nt trying to undermine onyone!!! I'm just trying to give the others a little more to look at. There are things there other than forums, and people slamming others.