User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 03:01 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Scale Receipts

All scale receipts from the truck stops have the time's on them. It will be either normal military hours and minutes or it will be hours, minutes & seconds. IT is the top number (usually) on the left hand side. IF you know military take the first few numbers and see if it matches the time you are scaling the load. (I tried to copy an example, but I can't :cry: ). :cry:
Turning in the second copy might work (I will get back with you on this as to what happened within my company while I was not there) I used to tell drivers turn in the second copy (heck it saved me work, and made the driver happy, but now they do require the top copy for you to be paid)

The driver who stated spilling coffee on the receipt well DOT is FULLY aware of those misterious mistakes and the company is NOT ALLOWED to PAY you for that document you just screwed up. The company "first time offense" might be a warning but you will be told NOT TO do that!
Accidentally burning a whole with your cigarrette in the time or date well they are on that one and that TICKS them off and you will be looked at even harder. I am stating this for everyone's sake here, not MINE!

Altering documents is a legal offense and DOT does not take it lightly when you do it and the company accepts it!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Scale Receipts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
All scale receipts from the truck stops have the time's on them. It will be either normal military hours and minutes or it will be hours, minutes & seconds. IT is the top number (usually) on the left hand side. IF you know military take the first few numbers and see if it matches the time you are scaling the load. (I tried to copy an example, but I can't :cry: ). :cry:
Turning in the second copy might work (I will get back with you on this as to what happened within my company while I was not there) I used to tell drivers turn in the second copy (heck it saved me work, and made the driver happy, but now they do require the top copy for you to be paid)

The driver who stated spilling coffee on the receipt well DOT is FULLY aware of those misterious mistakes and the company is NOT ALLOWED to PAY you for that document you just screwed up. The company "first time offense" might be a warning but you will be told NOT TO do that!
Accidentally burning a whole with your cigarrette in the time or date well they are on that one and that TICKS them off and you will be looked at even harder. I am stating this for everyone's sake here, not MINE!

Altering documents is a legal offense and DOT does not take it lightly when you do it and the company accepts it!
I've got scale tickets that doesn't even show the date let alone the time. It all depends on where you scale.

Dawn you look at the way your company operates and assume that is the way all companies operate.

Same goes for fuel tickets. I've got hundreds of fuel tickets that shows only the date. Many of these are hand written. Plus for the last few years I used Master Charge and D.O.T. can't get to these records without a court order.

My point is Dawn don't assume what you know is the complete story.

kc0iv
Old 01-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn

I've got scale tickets that doesn't even show the date let alone the time. It all depends on where you scale.

Dawn you look at the way your company operates and assume that is the way all companies operate.

Same goes for fuel tickets. I've got hundreds of fuel tickets that shows only the date. Many of these are hand written. Plus for the last few years I used Master Charge and D.O.T. can't get to these records without a court order.

kc0iv
Most of the time DAWN is wrong with information, so do not put much stock in DAWNS posts.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Senior Board Member

kc0iv[/color][/quote]

Most of the time DAWN is wrong with information, so do not put much stock in DAWNS posts.[/quote]

An excellent point made here!! 8)

You'd be far better off consulting Myth_Maker!!
:P :P
Old 01-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Anyone, especially newbies, that log EVERYTHING exactly as they do it, will NOT make the miles, therefore not make the money in this business.
And you wonder why pay doesn't go up? :roll: As long as you guys continue to run hot to make what you think is a decent check, why would the companies even consider raising the pay. :lol:
Old 01-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Time Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Anyone, especially newbies, that log EVERYTHING exactly as they do it, will NOT make the miles, therefore not make the money in this business.
And you wonder why pay doesn't go up? :roll: As long as you guys continue to run hot to make what you think is a decent check, why would the companies even consider raising the pay. :lol:
Huh??

So, if every driver logged exactly as he ran, pay scales would somehow go up????? :shock:

Let's see now..... if every driver logs exactly as he runs, then productivity will drop, and revenue and profits will increase, thus allowing a company to increase driver pay scales????

Damn!! In all my years of owning companies and operating businesses, that's gotta be one of the best ones I've ever heard!!! :roll:
Old 01-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Board Regular

No wonder they call you useless :roll: Productivity goes down, more drivers leave the industry, creating a real shortage, pay has to go up to make up for loss of production. But, hey ,just keep plugging away super trucker. Git R Dun!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Productivity goes down, more drivers leave the industry, creating a real shortage, pay has to go up to make up for loss of production.
This is exactly correct. This exact thing began to happen after the new HOS were introduced, and some carriers realized that they were going to have to pay drivers for the time they spent at the dock, and began charging shippers for that time.

Unfortunately, when drivers find ways around the rules to maintain the "status quo", they damage the industry as a whole. It is not unlike those carriers who create the "status quo" by hauling cheap freight, and suckering O/O's into running for pennies to haul that freight.

The best thing that could happen for this industry is for more drivers to leave, and cause a REAL driver shortage, instead of the imaginary one that exists today. Productivity would go down, for a while, and then the shippers who are desperate to have their freight moved would pony up the cash to the carriers to do it. The carriers that are desperate to have people hold their steering wheels would then pony up the cash to the drivers to get it from point A to point B.

Slowing down, and logging it like you do it will raise rates IN THE LONG RUN. For those who can't understand this, please leave the industry, so that the process can actually work. :wink:
Old 01-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
No wonder they call you useless :roll:

You are coming of as a real sophomore!! I do hope that your abilities as a driver (if, in fact, there are any; after that last post, that is a matter which I highly question!!) exceed your business acumen!!

Productivity goes down, more drivers leave the industry, creating a real shortage, pay has to go up to make up for loss of production.

Dream your little dreams, PTD!!!

Trucking companies are already dealing with turnover rates of anywhere from 80%, (which, sadly, is often considered to be low!!) to over 125%; they deal with the "shortage by hiring some new trainee to take the place of an experienced driver. Now, with NAFTA, and our currently "relaxed" immigration standards, if American drivers don't want the job, a driver from Mexico or India will be glad to take the job for them!!

Your post resonates in a similar fashion to the "let's all go on strike" mentality.

But, hey ,just keep plugging away super trucker. Git R Dun!
Give you a little hint, PTD!!!: I didn't get to be where I am in life by being totally "Useless", and I sure as Hell didn't make it to where I am today by following your advice!! I've done quite well without it for nearly 50 years, just finished up a very good year, even with a deal that didn't quire work out; 2007 is off to a very auspicious beginning!!

Done quite fine without you....shudder to think where I'd be if I listened to you and your know-it-all ilk!!

That's Okay, stick around!!! Myth Maker and Dawn can both use a good buddy!!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless

Trucking companies are already dealing with turnover rates of anywhere from 80%, (which, sadly, is often considered to be low!!) to over 125%; they deal with the "shortage by hiring some new trainee to take the place of an experienced driver. Now, with NAFTA, and our currently "relaxed" immigration standards, if American drivers don't want the job, a driver from Mexico or India will be glad to take the job for them!!
The turnover rates are CAUSED by the same drivers who are causing the low pay by running illegal. The carriers have no reason to raise the pay rates, because some BBR will always come along to run it cheap and illegal.

So the guys who are trying to make it in this business running legal never will.